When is it going to stop... Raining

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Brandane

Legendary Member
Same here in Glesga town: not gonna last till Sunday, my day off, you say? :sad:

Not me who says; it's the BBC (so maybe not altogether reliable). The sun might be back for Sunday though, for a brief appearance.

Alex321

Guru

Britain forecast horror Iberian thunderstorm with 21 days of rain to fall in three hours​

The Met Office long-range forecast predicts that thundery weather could well continue into next month following the potential torrent of rainfall this coming weekend

Was that from the Express? Or the Mirror?

It doesn't look anything like what the Met office are actually forecasting.
https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/

There is no "torrent of rainfall" predicted for this weekend. Nor really any thundery weather persisting int next month

UK long range weather forecast​

Sunday 28 Jul - Tuesday 6 Aug​

A good deal of fine and dry weather across the UK on Sunday with spells of sunshine across most parts and temperatures close to or slightly above normal. Into the week that follows, a more changeable pattern will probably become established, at least for a time. This is likely to see showers or perhaps some longer spells of rain interspersed with intervals of dry, bright weather. Regional details are uncertain, but the wettest weather will probably be across northern and western areas, with the south and east somewhat drier. Some outbreaks of heavy rain or thunderstorms are also possible at times. Temperatures during this period will probably be close to average or slightly above average.

Brandane

Legendary Member
Was that from the Express? Or the Mirror?

Aren't they the ones who are always predicting "The exact time when snowmaggedon/extreme storms/drought/heatwave/second coming of Jesus will hit the UK"? As yet, to my knowledge, none of their predictions have been anywhere near correct. But if you keep predicting enough BS then just maybe, one of these days........ you can claim to be right. Undisguised clickbait nonsense.

Alex321

Guru
Aren't they the ones who are always predicting "The exact time when snowmaggedon/extreme storms/drought/heatwave/second coming of Jesus will hit the UK"? As yet, to my knowledge, none of their predictions have been anywhere near correct. But if you keep predicting enough BS then just maybe, one of these days........ you can claim to be right. Undisguised clickbait nonsense.

Exactly. That is why I thought it would be from one of them.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!

So true.

Most forecasts here are so far off the pace that they are not really worth looking at.

And the same people tell us what the weather will be like in decades to come.

Bonkers!

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
BBC News - Will a hurricane see off our summer?
https://www.bbc.com/weather/articles/cqjlqvdxel2o

End of the summery weather; WHAT??
We haven't had any yet! Worst summer, EVER. No sustained spell of decent weather at all this year. An odd sunny day has been our lot. Will be highly unusual if we get anything at this late stage.

Agreed.

We moved to the Lake District 27 years ago and have experienced nothing like this before.

It has been raining on & on & on since last September - almost a full year!

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Agreed.

We moved to the Lake District 27 years ago and have experienced nothing like this before.

It has been raining on & on & on since last September - almost a full year!
A friend and I almost cancelled a trip to Meathop (near Grange-over-Sands) because of the poor weather but forecasts improved just in time. We went last Wednesday and just came back. We were actually very lucky except for Thursday, which was horrid until 4 pm, but sunny after that. It was cool and windy when we left this morning though and rain was forecast later. We had some very nice conditions for our stay.

Top Bottom