When is it going to stop... Raining

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Alex321

Guru
I had a surprisingly enjoyable ride in the rain this afternoon.

Slick

Guru
Anyone who has been following the Open golf championship at Royal Troon this week will have seen our typical summer weather. I am about 20 miles north of that.
To be fair, its the wind and rain that makes that competition. I sat and watched most of it yesterday and loved every minute of watching who can handle it and who can't. Its a great equaliser.

In other news, I spent most of last week down south and got the shock of my life to discover they get rain as well. :laugh:

classic33

Leg End Member

Britain forecast horror Iberian thunderstorm with 21 days of rain to fall in three hours​

The Met Office long-range forecast predicts that thundery weather could well continue into next month following the potential torrent of rainfall this coming weekend

AndyRM

XOXO
Tabloids gotta get their clicks somehow I suppose... Horror thunderstorm FFS. Settle down.

Current view from the Costa del North Shields, where it's been sunny and humid.

IMG20240723170401.jpg

Britain forecast horror Iberian thunderstorm with 21 days of rain to fall in three hours​

The Met Office long-range forecast predicts that thundery weather could well continue into next month following the potential torrent of rainfall this coming weekend

Well, when you've got your 21 days of rain, can you refrain from sending the leftovers to us this time around? Summer has arrived and we're enjoying it.

Brandane

Legendary Member
I don't get to say this very often, but it has been a cracker of a day here on the Costa Clyde. Took my bike to work on the train this morning, finished at 12.30 (one of the joys if being semi retired, only work 16 hours per week) then went for a post lunch cycle from work (Kilbirnie) to Lochwinnoch, Beith, Dalry, Kilwinning, and finished at Stevenston in time for the train home. 21 miles and it didn't rain. A record for 2024!

However, the promised spell of settled dry weather seems to have been withdrawn. Rain resumes from about 6pm tomorrow. Maybe ok for Saturday and Sunday but then back to unsettled. And so the pattern for summer 2024 continues......

Top Bottom