When is it going to stop... Raining

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gunk

Guru
Three decent days forecast and then more bloody rain over the weekend, I can’t remember when we last had a summer this bad.

IMG_3753.jpeg

Brandane

Legendary Member
I can’t remember when we last had a summer this bad.

In our case, it goes away back to..... errrrm, 2023!

lazybloke

Considering a new username
I'd heard of two of them - I've seen trailers for Below Deck on Channel 4 - it is a "reality" series about the crew members of a luxury yacht I believe. Never seen an episode, nor one of Love Island.
Sounds vacuous to me. Apparently the posh teens adore it.
And like you, I hadn't even heard of Hey Duggee. Looking it up, it appears to be an animated series on cbeebies.
Most cartoons are fairly vacuous too, but Hey Duggee and Peppa Pig both contain humour for adults as much as for children. Sadly my kids have long outgrown both; i no longer have an excuse to watch!

AndyRM

XOXO
Sounds vacuous to me. Apparently the posh teens adore it.

Most cartoons are fairly vacuous too, but Hey Duggee and Peppa Pig both contain humour for adults as much as for children. Sadly my kids have long outgrown both; i no longer have an excuse to watch!

I must have missed the humour in Peppa Pig. My over-riding memory of it is of Peppa being supremely irritating and would be better off as bacon.

Hey Duggee, by contrast, is a joy to watch.

lazybloke

Considering a new username
I must have missed the humour in Peppa Pig. My over-riding memory of it is of Peppa being supremely irritating and would be better off as bacon.

Hey Duggee, by contrast, is a joy to watch.

HD definitely the better of the two, although both were a welcome break from having to deal with Adhd/asd

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
The rain came later than forecast but it is here now.
A pal and I have now reconsidered our planned 1 week Lakes holiday this year!

Neither of us fancy trudging/cycling around water-logged Lakeland, and fancy even less staring out of a window in an expensive holiday cottage towards lakes and hills that we can't even see due to the mist...

Maybe we will go up next year instead!

Now to find somewhere warmer and drier... It won't be as scenically lovely but at least it should be cheaper.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
It hasn't actually rained here today! Only 16 or so Celsius, but no rain!! :ohmy: :notworthy:
Yeahbut... It was a mid-July day that looked like a grotty evening in April! At 2 pm I could barely see across my kitchen without the lights on. :sad:

I decided not to bother going out on the bike. Wednesday does look better so I hope to get a decent ride in.

Last edited:
Top Bottom