What TV comedy do you like?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

presta

Guru
this one ?

No, there's another one where he plays the officer in charge. He calls 'Pull!', and the prisoner soars into the sky.

captain nemo1701

Space cadet. Deck 42 Main Engineering.
Mine would be:

The Young Ones
Monty Pythons Flying Circus
Only fools & Horses
The Goodies
Morecambe & Wise

I must be the only person who didn't think The Office was funny. Having a total a***hole as a boss isn't terribly funny, never got the gag.

Sterlo

Early Retirement Planning
Mine would be:

The Young Ones
Monty Pythons Flying Circus
Only fools & Horses
The Goodies
Morecambe & Wise

I must be the only person who didn't think The Office was funny. Having a total a***hole as a boss isn't terribly funny, never got the gag.
No trust me, you're not alone. Can't stand anything with Gervais, Kay or McGuiness.

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
If I only had to watch one comedy for the rest of my life it would probably be Only Fools and Horses.
I did like Harry Enfield in the 90's, and was brought up watching the 2 Ronnies, Some Mothers Do Ave 'Em, Keeping up appearances.

Others I liked were Grace and Favour (Are you being Served spin-off)
Red Dwarf
Bottom
Vicar of Dibley
The Fast Show

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
There are lots of people who didn't like the Office!

I think I'm possibly in a smaller minority in finding Fawlty Towers unwatchable.

No accounting for taste.

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
Oh I forgot the Office. That was probably my favourite, closely followed by the Royle Family. Briliantly written. Gervais is a bit Marmite but I think David Brent is the lovable t0sser who I actually felt sorry for at the end. Life on the Road (the film spin-off) goes into more depth and is also a good film if you like that sort of thing.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
One of my absolute favourites is "The Honeymooners". It's an American sitcom from the 50s and I don't have any memory of it being broadcast over here. It was the basis for "The Flintstones" in the same way that Sgt Bilko was the basis for "Top Cat".

Being from the 50s It's in pretty poor B&W but when I lived in New York in the 80s it was repeated endlessly on some channels, and probably still is. There's plenty on Youtube now.

The Office was for me great, watched it many times, and was working in a dreary office in Brentford when it was first shown, could just as well have been filmed where we were. Gervais grew up just down the road from where I grew up, ten minutes walk at most. Never knew him, same year as me, but different schools. Extras I thought was good as well, and that movie he did a few years back.

Top Bottom