What TV comedy do you like?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Conrad_K

unindicted co-conspirator
"The Orville" (US)
"WKRP in Cincinnati" (US)

"Jack of All Trades" (NZ/US)

"Swift and Shift" (Australia)

"Lexx" [season 4] (Germany/Canada)

"Hyperdrive" (UK)
"The IT Crowd" (UK)

"Black Books" (UK)
"Citizen Khan" (UK)
"Starhyke" (UK)

My sense of humor is apparently calibrated closer to British Standard Risibles than American Guffaws.

[Lexx was a German show produced in Canada. The first two seasons were fairly grim, the third was boring, and season 4 was hilarious. If you're unfamiliar with the show, search "lexx bad carrot" on Youtube for an example from season 4]

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Interestingly Friends has been in the news lately. 30th anniversary I think. That's another thing that passed me by - I'm not sure I've ever watched a whole episode (not out of snobbery or anything, I tend to watch whatever my wife is watching so I guess it wasn't her favourite).

But it's so embedded in popular culture that I know quite a lot about it and I've seen tons of clips here and there.

slow horse

Re: Lexx, the lovesick disembodied head has its moments.

Not The Nine O'Clock News
Peep Show / That Mitchell and Webb Look
Spaced
Catastrophe
Parks and Recreation
Outnumbered
Futurama
Archer

for a start...

gbb

Squire
I didn't know there was a Nan film. I was just referring to the character.

Little Britain didn't quite do it for me. I dunno, there were funny bits but it all felt a bit spread too thin. Maybe just me.

Likewise. Same with the Catherine Tate show, some is seriously funny, some is...errr, what's funny about that? I'm thinking the middle class couple who sit in their living room and the male character pulls the most extreme and stupid disbelief faces...just stupid.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Likewise. Same with the Catherine Tate show, some is seriously funny, some is...errr, what's funny about that? I'm thinking the middle class couple who sit in their living room and the male character pulls the most extreme and stupid disbelief faces...just stupid.

Aye but the 'Shitake' mushroom sketch was brilliant

Reactions: gbb
Top Bottom