What TV comedy do you like?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Kingfisher101

Über Member
I was in the audience at an episode of 'Sorry' - It was interesting to see what occurred when a retake happened etc. Of note there was a 'warm-up comedian' who was in another comedy at the time. He was dreadful and didn't get a single laugh in 5 minutes (I can remember his name but it wouldn't be fair to tell ;) ). In desperation? after he had left the stage, Ronnie Corbett appeared and after less than 10 seconds the place was in uproar - the true class he displayed was apparent, he was in an entirely different league!

Ronnie Corbet had very little talent and just rode on the coattails of Ronnie Barker.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
Ronnie Corbet had very little talent and just rode on the coattails of Ronnie Barker.

Would you say the same about David Jason?
Corbet wasn’t a great writer but was a very funny performer.
Not all comedians write their own stuff.

Profpointy

Legendary Member
There are lots of people who didn't like the Office!

I think I'm possibly in a smaller minority in finding Fawlty Towers unwatchable.

No accounting for taste.

I'm partly in agreement. For me Fawlty Towers does skirt with cringe making unwatchability, and I can't watch the "Germans" episode but I still find it mostly hilarious. The office, whilst brilliant, I can't watch at all as it goes way over the embarrising line that Fawlty sails very close to.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
I know it’s not a comedy, but the awful Michael Macintyre is back with the Wheel.
It’s a totally pointless show with celebrities pretending to be excited riding on a very slow wheel.

Last edited:
The Big Bang Theory who knew that science could be such a source of humour
Although, if you knew someone like Sheldon, there'd probably be a raised flower-bed in the garden
The casting was excellent, almost a re-meet, from 'Roseanne', as Johnny Galecki (Leonard), Sara Gilbert (Leslie Winkle) & Laurie Metcalf (Mary Cooper) were all in it
Raj being selectively mute around women worked wonderfully, especially with Sheldons sister & his dream about Siri (an 'Aleaxa' type device)

Who Remembers this one?
Let The Blood Run Free
An Australian medical comedy, with Dr Good, Nurse Pam Sandwich, & Matron Dorothy Coniving-Bitch!!

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
The Big Bang Theory who knew that science could be such a source of humour
Although, if you knew someone like Sheldon, there'd probably be a raised flower-bed in the garden
The casting was excellent, almost a re-meet, from 'Roseanne', as Johnny Galecki (Leonard), Sara Gilbert (Leslie Winkle) & Laurie Metcalf (Mary Cooper) were all in it
Raj being selectively mute around women worked wonderfully, especially with Sheldons sister & his dream about Siri (an 'Aleaxa' type device)

Who Remembers this one?
Let The Blood Run Free
An Australian medical comedy, with Dr Good, Nurse Pam Sandwich, & Matron Dorothy Coniving-Bitch!!

yes i like the big bang, i think my brother would fit right in, hes a lecturer at a uni with a phd in theoretical chemistry, hes in his 40s and i dont think hes ever had a date .

Top Bottom