What TV comedy do you like?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Profpointy

Legendary Member
@cyberknight

Penny = ‘girl next door’
Bernadette = cute, but scary!
Was it in ‘Midsummer Nights Dream’, that Shakespeare wrote
For she be small, she is fierce” (from memory)
Amy = my favourite

I even risked quoting the line from "the Dream" in my wedding speech andMrs PP subsequently got it as a fridge magnet

C01AAB8A-17AE-4C44-92FB-3BF816831E62.jpeg

I even risked quoting the line from "the Dream" in my wedding speech andMrs PP subsequently got it as a fridge magnet

View attachment 735996
I got the jist of it, if not the correct wording

We had a HCA who was about 4'10" (about Bernadette sized), she was known as the Chihauhau'
She looked harmless, but cross her & she was like a Honey-Badger, & an awesome 'Paddington stare'!!

Profpointy

Legendary Member
I got the jist of it, if not the correct wording

We had a HCA who was about 4'10" (about Bernadette sized), she was known as the Chihauhau'

One of my favourite lines (this one from one of Lear's rants ) "I will do such things. What they are, yet I know not but they shall be the terrors of the Earth"

Last edited:

AndyRM

XOXO
A few I've seen mentioned which I like, here's a few I like but haven't seen mentioned:

Darkplace
The Mighty Boosh
Look Around You
Nathan Barley
Hunderby
Black Books
Trailer Park Boys
Dag
Murder in Successville
Lady Dynamite

The Simpsons
(because it's only had 1 mention so far, and is much overlooked in the UK. IMO!
I watched 10 minutes between sports yesterday afternoon - 20year old episode about Homer trying to get hyperobesity disability benefit. Just genius.)

I could mention a number of niche, innovative programs that would go over most of your heads ... but I'll stick to the Simpsons for now :-)

AndyRM

XOXO
Oh yeah, some others:

It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia
Schitt's Creek
The Good Place

Badger_Boom

Veteran
The Young Ones
The IT Crowd
Dear John
Only When I Laugh
Hyperdrive
I haven’t seen that in ages. I went to school with the actor who played Captain Helix in the show within a show sections. He was a friend of the writers and they created the part specially so he could fulfil a childhood ambition to go into space and save the universe.

Top Bottom