Tales from today's commute....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Well whatever it is that's making the noise is still there, not sure what else to check now apart from the FD as it's definitely only when pedalling

Have you checked the saddle and seatpost?

wafter

I like steel bikes and I cannot lie..
As i left work i ran over a stick that twisted up catching the pannier bag and ripping the strap that holds the bottom of the bag from swaying about , tried to tie it together but it was knackered so had to ride home gently so i didnt shake the bag about .Bike making a creaking noise when i pedal that i thought initially was the brakes rubbing but it isnt as the noise stops when i freewheel .I am going to try pulling the BB and grease it as well as the seatpost .
If you've not already checked, try the seatpost (does it go away when pedalling out of the saddle?), pedal to crank interface, crank to BB interface..

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Last time I had that it was the seat post clamp.

greased that too
When pedalling i can see in the daylight that the chainring moves from side to side a lot , i know the BB had a little bit of play but nothing i would have thought would be enough to affect it though .
I will have to swap bikes until payday when i can get a new BB

Last edited:
Reactions: C R

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Not the best. Attempted bike jacking - see other post on 'Fallowfield Loop'

F u c k e r s
Good thinking on your part.

We have a bike jacking problem on one of the London cycle routes here. One that goes past Millwall football ground.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
F u c k e r s

We have a bike jacking problem on one of the London cycle routes here. One that goes past Millwall football ground.

Quite glad I was on 'the tank' TBH, smashed the MTB they threw at me out of the way. It's been a trusty bike over 35 years and get's well looked after. Did Snowdon, dented cars, and now got me through bike jackers. All hail the old cro-mo 90's MTB - fabulously versatile bikes of bikes. Not fast, nor light, but tough !

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Not a fragile bike.
Screenshot_20240918_221547_Gallery.jpg

Off cycle commuting due to work commitments, but back in the saddle yesterday and today. Shocked how many drivers dont have their lights on early morning. Reminds me years ago ( I was in the wrong) being told by a driver on a foggy September morning by a driver how I should have my lights on until I pointed out he didnt have his on. All the tw*ats out today three point turn prick and reverse down the drive dickhead two of the delights had to put up with today. Waited till I was at full pelt coming down the hill let all the cars out in front saw me and decided to turn the pulled forward an waved me on so I gave her the two fingered salute not in highway code, idiot.

Quite glad I was on 'the tank' TBH, smashed the MTB they threw at me out of the way. It's been a trusty bike over 35 years and get's well looked after. Did Snowdon, dented cars, and now got me through bike jackers. All hail the old cro-mo 90's MTB - fabulously versatile bikes of bikes. Not fast, nor light, but tough !

F u c k e r s

Having worked near Zampa Road and that area nothing surprises me. I worked there back in the 90s it was cesspool back then.

Top Bottom