Tales from today's commute....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Yesterday was a trial run for the commute to the new job...

2024_09_12_Rottenburg.jpg

Seems okay so far.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Another puncture last night :sad:
I really enjoy changing tubes by streetlight , thats 3 in one week so i am really pissed off about it .
Tyres are in good nick and normally dont have this many issues but i dont know what to do as what i have will have to make do ATM .

That looks a nice commute ! Is most of it rural ?

Best of luck in your new role Andy 👊

Thanks... It's mostly rural; just Rottenburg and a section of Tübingen to ride through. I'm not sure how I'll approach it yet as it's 20km (ca. 1hr at my usual speed) and there's the option of a train for some of the route. I want to ride at least some of the journey, because as seen above it's a lovely route.

Also, frankly, my waistline needs it.

Approaching 'my' village on the return journey...

2024_09_12_Rottenburg_06.jpg

simongt

Guru
Cycling down Magdalen Street which is one way for motor traffic, but two way for cycles and was nearly trashed by a pedestrian walking out in front of me oblivious of the cycle lane I was on. :dry:
Since my first encounter when I came off, I've since cycled on the outside edge of said lane at a moderate speed and keeping a wary eye out for errant pedestrians, but occasionally they just launch themselves onto the road without any thought, so nearly caught again. :wacko:

First cycle commute for a LOOOOOONG time. And likewise posting on here!

I ditched the bike for walking everywhere a few years back, then COVID took over and long working hours throughout that, took me back into the car trap.
A recent forced house move and a steep hill, and with the driving route to work one that is crazily congested, it made sense to kickstart active transport by removing the bar of the steep hill. So I've joined the e-bike "cheaters", fitting a kit to the tatty old hybrid, and I don't care - that ride to work was a LOT nicer than trudging along a busy noisy urban road, cramming onto a cattle wagon tram, or sitting burning fuel pointlessly as part of a traffic jam.

Top Bottom