Tales from today's commute....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dadam

Über Member
Was not fancying an extremely wet commute this morning but one look at traffic info on google maps and changed my mind. Rather be wet than sat in queuing traffic. But I was lucky, got to work in between the heavy showers. One light shower halfway was it. Not even damp by the time I got to the office.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
forecast to be heavy rain for my commute , watching the weather closely

Rhythm Thief

Legendary Member
Today's commute was an extended ride on the Mercian singlespeed. I met a friend (also on a Mercian singlespeed, which I built for him) half way to work and we did a 20 mile loop before finally making it to work three quarters of an hour late (he's the boss, so it didn't matter). It was a great ride, but I'll feel the ride home this evening. That's what you get for going out with people half your age, I suppose.

Attachments

• IMG20240910075932.jpg
    IMG20240910075932.jpg
    147.5 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG20240910080526.jpg
    IMG20240910080526.jpg
    330.2 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG20240910094218.jpg
    IMG20240910094218.jpg
    284.2 KB · Views: 5

Dadam

Über Member
Was not fancying an extremely wet commute this morning but one look at traffic info on google maps and changed my mind. Rather be wet than sat in queuing traffic. But I was lucky, got to work in between the heavy showers. One light shower halfway was it. Not even damp by the time I got to the office.

And was lucky later as I had a complete bike locking fail. D lock through wheel and rear triangle but unfortunately not through the Sheffield stand! It was starting to rain and I was in a hurry. A scrote couldn't have ridden it but could carry it away. Luckily it’s pretty safe in front of our office. Noticed it mid morning

wet commute home last night first for a long time for me, still enjoyed it anythings better than being stuck in a box on wheels. Nice cold commute in this morning supposed to be september wonder how long before frost starts to kick in.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Also had a wet commute home last night, though it was more drizzle then rain, wet never the less. At least it wasn't cold.
A bit nippier this morning but sunny blue skies for the commute. Traffic mentally heavy which was a pain and yet another unrestricted e-cyclist thinking it's fine to cut up another cyclist on a corner.

Rainy commute #29 for the year
Same period last year 30 Rainy commutes.

biking_fox

Guru
Yep as above wet and noticeably quite a bit colder.
Took the BeeNetwork cycle lanes in as it's shorter in the rain. They have 'dutch' bus stops where the cycle lane passes between the bus shelter and the road.... cyclist in front of my furiously ringing the bell. Teenager utterly oblivious steps out in front to the bus. Fortunately we'd both been observant and braked appropriately.

roubaixtuesday

self serving virtue signaller
Winter has come!

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Sunny as I left for work and within 2 miles the heavens opened so I hid under a tree whilst I get my coat out of the pannier and stuck an empty sarnie bag under the helmet.For the next few miles it was wet then the sun came out again so I had to stop and take them off . Soggy socks from puddles but otherwise dry by the time I got to work

Top Bottom