Tales from today's commute....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Thorn Sherpa

Ãœber Member
Can't remember the last dry commute I've had it's waterproofs all the way recently! Still parts of the trans pennine flooded or covered in mud from the run off. Not cold though pretty mild so not all negative 😂

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
storms due to be directly on me for my home commute , mm dunno what to do

Alex321

Guru
I'm coming to the conclusion that there are a lot of 'commuter cyclists' in my area that are in the office/work 3 days a week, or cycle to work 3 days.

On some main cycling routes, I'm constantly getting emails saying I'm local legend with around 36 or 37 rides along a segment in 90 days, but then get 'beat' again with someone with the same 36-37 rides. If someone was riding five days, then no-one would come near. Happens every week. Your the legend, nope it's now Billy, nope it's now you again. ! :laugh: Daren't have a day off now !

There are a lot of places which have stuck with Hybrid working after Covid.

That includes my office - I go in twice a week, normally Wednesday & Friday, work from home the other three days. I have today and tomorrow as annual leave this week, so no commute today though.

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
There are a lot of places which have stuck with Hybrid working after Covid.

That includes my office - I go in twice a week, normally Wednesday & Friday, work from home the other three days. I have today and tomorrow as annual leave this week, so no commute today though.

I'm in most days because I usually need to do something in the lab (even if it's a 10 minute job) but the canteen is very quiet on Mondays and Fridays and the car park has loads of spaces- the majority of people on site are office based.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Managed a dry commute home without getting wet - rained for the first couple of miles but I couldn't be bothered stopping. Unfortunately, at some point I'd stood in a big pile of dog turd. Could smell it whilst washing the bike off, but didn't realise it was my winter boots. Luckily, I'd taken my shoes off at the door, and found it when moving my shoes near the de-humidifier to air.

Ride in was dry too, no wind on setting off, but a building Northerly made the last mile or two into a headwind a little slower than usual.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Well, it was pissing down with rain this morning but not heavy. It came over really dark at one point, me thinking all hell was going to break loose, but it didn't really. It ended up being a normal wet cycle commute to work.
However... this afternoons commute home is looking very interesting. With the predicted storm and strong winds set to hit later.

Luckily no dog poo to report on my commute.

Rainy commute #40 for the year.
Same time last year 29 rainy commutes.

biking_fox

Guru
Yeah - I've not been tracking them but it definitely feels a wetter year. This morning was fine - but the forecast is once again very wet in the evening. I'm not yet used to dark and rainy, possibly my least favourite combination.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
kudos for those who ride in all weathers, i have done it and will do it when needed, luckily this week on late shift and mrs ck not needing the car most of the week i have had a choice.
My knee that i had the meniscus trimmed still niggles in damp weather and the other one has been a bit tender on stairs etc so i made the decision to rest them, it feels weird not riding but long term i think it was the right choice .

Turbo sessions today , does not look look good

Last edited:
Top Bottom