Tales from today's commute....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Far better than expected, a little damp, a little blowy but nothing special. Too warm for the full waterproofs I was wearing.

WFH today (well, actually in North Wales - at caravan) and it's tipping it down, has been since early hours.

roubaixtuesday

self serving virtue signaller
I've had Raynaud's Disease in my hands and feet for as long as I can remember. I'm now 70 and just retired, so I can now choose not to go out in very cold conditions as oppose to having to commute in them. :okay:
However, As I've alluded to in various posts, I've never been able to find any glove or glove and liner combination that actually works for me.
But there are fellow sufferers who get the issue triggered simply by handling something cold e.g., frozen peas, but such has never happened to me.

Heated liner gloves are a miracle, albeit pricy cure. I get it bad eg the frozen peas.

https://www.blazewear.com/our-gear/gloves-and-glove-liners/active-glove-liners-black-

On the glove front, I use planetx crab claw which are brilliant and cheap, together with synthetic liners.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Did try a pair many years back. Very bulky, using D batteries; not much help. But as I've alluded to, now I'm retired I can now choose not to cycle in very cold conditions - ! :okay:

i think today is a car day , luckily mrs ck isnt going anywhere and the FIL can pick up mini ck 2 from school if its still rubbish later

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Note to the few of us here that use the Fallowfield Loop. Lots of access improvements, but the removal of the main barriers down near Whalley Range High School has exposed a rather nasty tree root ridge in the path. I have seen on Twitter that a number of cyclists have come a cropper. It was painted with white lines sometime yesterday. I've hit it a few times but I am on a commuterised MTB and knew it was there.

The surface is also rather rough up near North Reddish where another barrier has been removed.

If travelling West, take the original line around where the barrier was, if travelling East, take a line close to the verge on the left. Hopefully this will get repaired soon.

On a positive note, access has been improved generally, and the 'hip breaker' chicane at Sainsbury's in Fallowfield has been removed - fantastic.

skudupnorth

Cycling Skoda lover
Extended rack frame with inner tube straps to hold spare wellingtons.
IMG_1188.jpeg

IMG_1193.jpeg

Little explore after work to view Rumworth lodge in Bolton
IMG_1196.jpeg

Roe Green Loop Line looking stunning in the Autumn sunshine

Last edited:
Top Bottom