Tales from today's commute....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Not even the pogies/bar mitts as mentioned earlier?
https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/tales-from-todays-commute.105055/post-7082979

I'm very tempted to try them, see how I get on with them.

In the past, my hands have been so cold that the only way I could generate enough heat in them was to get off the bike, and wheel it for the last mile or so while jogging (SPD cleats). It was strange but thankfully it worked.

its when its soo cold your hands turn to ice then get hot aches as they warm up after about 7-8 miles fun fun !

simongt

Guru
Not even the pogies/bar mitts as mentioned earlier?
Yup. Tried them as well; virtually no improvement. :wacko:

skudupnorth

Cycling Skoda lover
Roe Green Loop line is showing signs of wear from the heavy machinery used to repair the East Lancs road bridge

IMG_1182.jpeg

IMG_1183.jpeg

Roe Green Loop line is showing signs of wear from the heavy machinery used to repair the East Lancs road bridge

View attachment 710632

View attachment 710633

Didn't notice that tonight (was getting dark though). There are a few offshoots also that I have never been down. Don't recognise that bit.

Not done one down there in the pitch black yet, but won't be long. What is it like? Quiet or still plenty of dog walkers/runners?

skudupnorth

Cycling Skoda lover
Didn't notice that tonight (was getting dark though). There are a few offshoots also that I have never been down. Don't recognise that bit.

Not done one down there in the pitch black yet, but won't be long. What is it like? Quiet or still plenty of dog walkers/runners?

This is the section near the Lumber lane turn off, they are apparently fitting a tube into the big hole and filling in the sides like the smaller bridge near the old Worsley station platform.
Not as many joggers/ dog walkers when I’m down there but they don’t really bother me anyway

Alex321

Guru
Light rain all the way in today, but very little wind, and not too cold - around 11-12C for most of the ride, comfortable in shorts and arm warmers, with lightweight gloves. Dark enough that I needed the front light on full for about the first half of the ride.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
No rain. Very mild. Still in shorts and short sleeves. It did rain consistently and heavy last night so was lucky for the ride in. Lets see what later today brings.

Top Bottom