Tales from today's commute....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mazz

Yeah that's my bike. I've been using bar mitts (aka pogies) for about 5 years for the winter now. They're great for keeping hands warm and dry. Mine are just a pair of rockbros 5mm neoprene, but there are other brands that come lined as well.

Nice one mate cheers.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
looks like today will be another car day mini ck 1 off college with a bad cold and im starting to get sniffly and the forecast the storm to be right over us for my return ride :sad:
1697619906156.png

• Hugs
Reactions: C R

Alex321

Guru
looks like today will be another car day mini ck 1 off college with a bad cold and im starting to get sniffly and the forecast the storm to be right over us for my return ride :sad:

Yep. I used the car to come in today, winds of 19mph, gusting to 37 here, and still forecast to be the same at home time, with added rain.

That is just too windy to commute in, for me.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Yeah that's my bike. I've been using bar mitts (aka pogies) for about 5 years for the winter now. They're great for keeping hands warm and dry. Mine are just a pair of rockbros 5mm neoprene, but there are other brands that come lined as well.

Kitchen sink in there also ?

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
roads flooded again and torrential rain, yet again i made the right choice not to ride yesterday

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Torrential rain last night but not cold. Had a bloody puncture when it was stair rods. Luckily I was near a bus shelter so managed to change the tube in the relative dry. Drowned rat when I got home.

This mornings temperature was a balmy 15°. Back in shorts and short sleeves. Madness.
The rain kept away with just a tiny hint of mizzle but not enough to get wet. This evenings cycle commute home however is looking like stair rods again.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Very warm & breezy commute this morning, but at least it was dry - the rain didn't start until I was in the office and just making the first coffee of the day. Looks like it may also be dry for the return leg in a bit over three hours, with the added bonus of a tail wind for most of it.

simongt

Guru
Although not yet diagnosed, I've got the symptoms of Raynaud's Syndrome. My hands really suffered as I was caught out by how cold it was. Had bib longs on and thermal skull cap, but inadequate gloves.
I've had Raynaud's Disease in my hands and feet for as long as I can remember. I'm now 70 and just retired, so I can now choose not to go out in very cold conditions as oppose to having to commute in them. :okay:
However, As I've alluded to in various posts, I've never been able to find any glove or glove and liner combination that actually works for me.
But there are fellow sufferers who get the issue triggered simply by handling something cold e.g., frozen peas, but such has never happened to me.

Mazz

However, As I've alluded to in various posts, I've never been able to find any glove or glove and liner combination that actually works for me.
Not even the pogies/bar mitts as mentioned earlier?
https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/tales-from-todays-commute.105055/post-7082979

I'm very tempted to try them, see how I get on with them.

In the past, my hands have been so cold that the only way I could generate enough heat in them was to get off the bike, and wheel it for the last mile or so while jogging (SPD cleats). It was strange but thankfully it worked.

Top Bottom