Tales from today's commute....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Spartak

Powered by M&M's
First commute after a fortnight off work - what's happened to the warmth and sunshine?

Got soaked on this mornings commute home...
Just refitted mudguards - Guess that's the official end of summer... ☀ 😢

biking_fox

Guru
And - touch wood - the rain that had been forecast for this afternono has dried up and moved away, back to the morning forecast of a dry return.

Certainly felt like an abrupt return to autumn this year.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
And - touch wood - the rain that had been forecast for this afternono has dried up and moved away, back to the morning forecast of a dry return.

Certainly felt like an abrupt return to autumn this year.

I was overdressed as it was raining as I left. Had a brief chat with a chap on a big cargo bike, with two youngsters in the rear with a big rain cover - I said 'nice bit of kit', he said 'it was a car replacement' - I said, 'Well done !'

Apparently it was windy today for my commute but I never really noticed it. Maybe I was too busy watching the clock tick down on my workout Monitor -5 (4x6 SS intervals with 30sec recoveries). It had been an hour long workout that I'd have to do indoors but I’m listening to the Football (Soccer) and have some other things to do this morning so I used TrainerRoad's Alternates function to select a 30 minutes workout I could do on my commute (using RPE). I’m a bit dubious of doing a workout with the company laptop on my back but it seems secure on my back.

I didn’t plan to do anything other than a gentle recovery tonight but I got caught in the office and I was wanting back so that was a wee bit of a constant workout too. Then I remembered the ongoing gas works in a local village with 4 way traffic control. So I diverted up the hill into the headwind which kinda killed the speed.

I needn’t have rushed.

So I had a 40min wait for a rammed train! On the bright side I wouldn't have had time for that hour long workout anyway!

Decided to drive today. Excessively windy, combined with heavy rain.

I could have coped with the rain, but not when combined with strong and gusty wind.

I'm with you there: I'd rather get wet than deal with a headwind on the way to work.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Very muggy here this morning. Go a bit of a sweat on on the cycle commute. Its a bit blustery out there and the roads where wet from the over night rain. We have sun and a bit of blue skies at the moment but the forecast for this afternoons commute home is looking very grim with storms predicted.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
No rain and warm enough to ditch the arm warmers but some nasty side gusts and one heck of a headwind along the seafront. There were also some nutter kite surfers doing their thing near the mouth of the river Deben!

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Decided to drive today. Excessively windy, combined with heavy rain.

I could have coped with the rain, but not when combined with strong and gusty wind.

The advantage of riding a tank - it's not affected by wind (the bike and panniers are HEAVY).

It was grim this morning, wet windy, but at least I wasn't stuck in traffic. Car or bike, what ever the weather, I'll take the bike.

Cars and traffic suck the life out of you.

Top Bottom