Tales from today's commute....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Alex321

Guru
What a difference in a coule of days!

Wednesday, blowinga serious gale and tipping down, didn't even take the bike. Today, clear, dry and a flat calm.

But chilly. Temperature down to 4C for a few minutes going through Peterstone, and 5C for about half the ride. A bit borderline for arm warmers, and definitely fro my summer weight gloves.

roubaixtuesday

self serving virtue signaller
Left house in lovely soft sunshine.

Rain started before the end of the road.

Beautiful rainbow appeared, soft sunshine returned for the rest of the ride :becool:

Dadam

Über Member
Getting bike out of garage this morning, rear tyre flat! Not ridden since last Sunday's 30 miler and it was ok when I put it away, must have a slow leak. So out comes the eMTB instead; advantages of multiple bikes!

richardfm

Veteran
It was cold and dark when I set off this morning.
In my befuddled state of being half asleep I found that my digging in the glove bag had resulted in me bring equipped with one glove and one mitten. At least on was a left hand and one a right and I had warm hands.
Coming home a couple of hours later it was bright and sunny, still his. I just up it lasts until I go back for the afternoon shift.

That's even shorter than mine, 10 minutes each way

As you can tell, it was a case of living close to work or being organised.

Living closer was easier.

Thankfully that short ride includes a river crossing, and a choice of riverside or residential street ride, and meadow or small woodland, and I'm well hidden from work when I get to my apartment.

Last edited:
Wee ring commutes for me today. I forgotten how they encouraged folk into overtaking close and at the wrong place. Lol, including the numpties who just about crashed into the stationary 2 cars about 8-10m ahead. Unfortunately they stopped skidding just in time or it would have been really funny.

What was kinda funny tonight was the other cyclist who had to comment, "you need to put it in a bigger gear". Lol, it was a kind of intended wee ring recovery ride :-)

Edit: Oh when I updated my bike log I found that it had done 10,000GPS miles since I built it in May 2015 and It was replaced temporarily by a Triban and was in May 2018 when I commuted to central Cambridge and was in storage between March 2019 to April 2022 (the Triban did 6,262 miles between then).

Last edited:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Thankfully, the overnight storm passed. Nice morning today, but decided to plump for the softshell as the temperatures are dropping. Slightly warmer than I'd like, but hey ho. Little earlier than usual as MrsF's alarm went of 15 minutes before mine. No-one in when I got to work ! 4 Day week again in the office, I'll be shattered by
Thursday evening.

Into work...

2023_09_25_Commute_01.jpg

Leaving work...

2023_09_25_Commute_02.jpg

Top Bottom