Tales from today's commute....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Alex321

Guru
When they park up to walk their kids into school.. yes they are parking.

To you and I, yes.

For enforcement purposes, I believe the car has to remain there for at least 15 minutes in most cases.

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
Thanks to my rear camera and spending 20 mins over lunch looking through footage on fast speed, I know where my back light fell off, and where it bounced onto the grass verge. Had to do 10 miles home instead of my usual 6 but it had disappeared altogether.

SeeSense light on a SeeSense luggage clip. Bye bye!

REC20230914-082357-1234_exported_94033.jpg

Last edited:
Not much happened on my commute today. As it was completely dry I decided a bridle path I took a few weeks back would be OK for my road bike. Lol I didn't take a turn and ended up on a more typical bridleway; the rim braked bike handled it well. In the PM I had originally intended to take the short route and catch the earlier train but then I remembered Gas works which are taking ages with 4way working signals. So I diverted up the hill instead of taking London Road through Knebworth to Stevenage
1694811089601.png

GeekDadZoid

Über Member
Testing a new storage location at work, this is ideal, except it's in the basement with quite a narrow and steep set of stairs with a switch back. However it is doable for those days my colleague brings and myself both bring full sized bikes in and all of the rooms are booked out which will be rare.

Managed to miss the rain both ways today.

IMG_20230918_084418.jpg

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Wet and windy one today. Replacement waterproof pants (cheap Regatta ones) kept my shoes and socks dry coupled with the BBB overshoes.

Despite taking it steady, I was only 4 minutes slower.

Once changed, I unpacked one pannier to get the cycling clothes onto the radiator, then went to get laptop and lunch out of the other. Eh, white dust all over everything... cartridge exploded ? Nope, porridge pot had exploded - it had emptied it's contents over the entire inside of my panniers. At least the banana and apple arrived intact for once. I blame Aldi for going green, as the pots are 'paper'.

biking_fox

Guru
ooh porridge and laptop might not mix well together.

Surprisingly not terrible ride for me. The heaviest deluge passed me by, and the wind was not into my face. Avoiding the many many puddles on practically every drain grid (blocked) on the new cyclelanes was the worst bit.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
A very slight bit of mizzle to start off this mornings cycle commute to work. Not enough to worry about as it didn't last long as the blustery winds blew it away. But still marked it down as a rainy commute. First rain in over a month on the cycle commute.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
ooh porridge and laptop might not mix well together.

Surprisingly not terrible ride for me. The heaviest deluge passed me by, and the wind was not into my face. Avoiding the many many puddles on practically every drain grid (blocked) on the new cyclelanes was the worst bit.

Fortunately laptop is in a wallet - the 'porridge' dust/oats didn't get into it. Had a few folk ask, 'You've not ridden in this ?' - yes it was fine, didn't get that wet and did not get stuck in traffic.

Top Bottom