Tales from today's commute....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Grim ride, wettest I've been for quite some time.

I see the Floop now has quite a bit of leaf fall now - winter is coming ! Had to 'ding' a couple of cyclists as they were weaving across the Floop avoiding puddles, I overtook and went straight through them (the puddles).

Passed one lad, who decided to then pass me a couple of miles later then turn off. He was quicker on the flat as I was in full waterproofs and not running too quickly to stop overheating, but any slight rise he's almost grind to a stop.

Alex321

Guru
I thought it was going to be a very wet ride in - forecast last night was showing 50% chance of rain at 7:00 and 90% at 8:00. It started raining about 2 minutes after I left home, got heavy for a couple of minutes, then died away, and didn't actually rain again for the rest of the ride in.

So not actually an unpleasant ride at all.

skudupnorth

Cycling Skoda lover
Broke my loyal commuter tank so I dragged the little Elswick out again for work duty. Met some sketchy looking individuals stealing hay at work, thankfully they left my bike alone 😆
IMG_9553.jpeg

Alex321

Guru
Really lucked out with the weather today.

As stated above, little rain on the way in, but then for the ride home, at lunchtime it was forecasting heavy rain from 4pm with yellow warning of thunderstorms from 5pm (I finish work at 4:30, and usually start riding about 4:40, getting home between 5:45 and 5:55 depending on traffic/weather).

When I got on the bike, it was raining lightly, but that stopped about 5 minutes in, and all I had for the rest of the ride was a couple of minutes of it spitting a little coming through Peterstone. A bit breezy, but nothing too strong.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Pleasant this morning - got home before the rain last night too. Forecast looking OK !

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Much nicer and pleasant weather this morning for the commute.
Had a bonus jolly bit of fun SCR too. With a shaven legged, Rapha clad roadie. About 4 or 5 of us cycling commuters were tacking along nicely on the A21 when this roadie decided he was too cool for lights and kept jumping them. Got to the last set of lights before turning off the A21 to work. He got stuck in cross traffic after jumping the light again. Lights turned green and I blasted past him at a rate of knots. Caught him on the hop and got him good and proper. Kept in front until I turned off. I got a cheer from one of the other cyclists behind. Had to laugh myself. All good fun.

Alex321

Guru
Nearly had the fabled foot-free ride in. Friday's empty roads (even more so on school hols) combined with lucky green lights and a couple of cheeky trackstands had me nearly there, but the final light just before work was against me. A long change on a downhill slope and I had to touch the ground. So close! One day I'll manage.

I doubt I'll ever manage that, though today was better than average, I think I still got stopped by three sets of lights. One of which I very rarely get stopped at, but a couple of others that usually get me didn't today.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Nearly had the fabled foot-free ride in. Friday's empty roads (even more so on school hols) combined with lucky green lights and a couple of cheeky trackstands had me nearly there, but the final light just before work was against me. A long change on a downhill slope and I had to touch the ground. So close! One day I'll manage.

Fabled indeed. I manage approximately 30 sets of lights, RAB's and crossings on my commute. It aint gonna happen for me. Though sometimes I do have a good go when all the planets are aligned and I get the greens.

Top Bottom