Tales from today's commute....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

skudupnorth

Cycling Skoda lover
Another commute on the Boardman in that fine rain that wets you through
IMG_8637.jpeg

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
coming home from work thurs night around 12.30 am ( fri) i had a rabbit run in front of me on the cyclepath which is barely wide enough to ride down then it played suicide bunny by dodging left to right rather than just dive into the grass, pretty sure i ran over the thing :sad:
I did try my best to stop and avoid it but couldnt manage it .

GeekDadZoid

Über Member
Managed to avoid the rain yesterday 🙌

Tomorrow I've got to work till 10pm so will need to make sure I have my lights sorted, WFH this morning and then off this afternoon so should have time if I remember.

Also looks like we are not going to get bike storage at our new office, we moved in a month ago and a parking garage / bike store was to follow, but it looks like it has fallen through.

Been on the look out for any secure parking location, but the cycle hub at Salford Central is being removed, there is none at Victoria so I am pretty stuck 😡

Obviously I can ride the Brompton but I like to ride my Super Galaxy so I can extend the commute for a bit more exercise.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Managed to avoid the rain yesterday 🙌

Tomorrow I've got to work till 10pm so will need to make sure I have my lights sorted, WFH this morning and then off this afternoon so should have time if I remember.

Also looks like we are not going to get bike storage at our new office, we moved in a month ago and a parking garage / bike store was to follow, but it looks like it has fallen through.

Been on the look out for any secure parking location, but the cycle hub at Salford Central is being removed, there is none at Victoria so I am pretty stuck 😡

Obviously I can ride the Brompton but I like to ride my Super Galaxy so I can extend the commute for a bit more exercise.

Any chance of getting them to sort it, pretty poor for a city centre employer.

fossyant

Pleasant commute. Got cut up by a chap on a hybrid as I was waiting to let some vehicles out of the way at Reddish Vale Park. He then held me up a bit going down through the park, then took a short cut to the climb out. Fortunately this bit is wide and I whizzed past him up the hill.

Evidence of something burnt out on the Floop this morning, coned off, then further along, a burnt out motor scooter.

Talking of burnt out, found my works pass, so I am back in the multi storey car parking. Bottom two floors are closed to cars due to an arson attack. All the ceilings and about half way down the walls are covered in soot. The cycle parking is pretty grim and dirty. Will have to see if it gets cleaned up.

GeekDadZoid

Über Member
Any chance of getting them to sort it, pretty poor for a city centre employer.

Yes I'm working on it. They have always been very good and ensuring I have somewhere to have my bike. Even got a shower sorted at this location, but the parking and cycle store space looks like it is falling through for various reasons.

Thorn Sherpa

Über Member
Nice riding weather this morning to work, got drenched yesterday so nice to be dry! Plenty of people out on the bikes enjoying the weather

This weather is barmy, last week it was over 32deg C, this morning just under 13deg C. It was just below comfortable temperatures for my post chemo fingers and toes so I wore a jacket and thicker knee warmers. Before I would have worn thin arm warmers and knee warmers. It was forecasted to rise to 18deg C and whilst the jacket is too warm for that I could slip the sleeves off and just be a little too hot. No need the rain belt hit earlier than expected and the temperatures were about 11deg C.
20230704_175906.jpg

fossyant

Locked the bike this morning. :whistle: Light rain on latter half of ride, but pleasant enough. Took a roll of loo paper with me to wipe the soot off the lighting in the bike shelter. Can actually see now. Really heavy layer of black soot over the stands and floor. Swept up near where I unload my panniers. Just hope they actually go in and clean it up when repairs are made to the car parking (ironic isn't it).

Last edited:
Top Bottom