Tales from today's commute....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Am lucky enough to have a commute which has a large proportion of back lanes.

Just to say that it's such a pleasure to ride in when it's warm enough to be in short sleeves and fingerless gloves in the morning sunshine. Makes me glad to be alive!

How many other ways of getting to work give you that?

Same here - worked out some decent routes into Manchester without touching the main roads - much more pleasurable, and highlight was seeing about four foxes, at different locations, cross the path as I came along on the same 2 mile stretch of path.

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
Towed a BoB Yak to work today. Travelled (to Hungary) for work last week and my flat is small so I keep my luggage at work, which means occasionally having to transfer it from work to home. Decided BoB Yak would be more pleasant than the Elephant Bike- plus the latter has developed a vibration I can feel through the pedals- rear hub? BB? will need to check it out eventually.

skudupnorth

Cycling Skoda lover
Commuter tank needs some love so I used the classic Elswick today. It’s not the fastest but it works
IMG_8541.jpeg

Thorn Sherpa

Über Member
Difficult commute in this morning after throwing up and diarrhea since Sunday till early hours of Tuesday. Normal 40 minutes commute took 50 and felt horrible all the way! Roll on the weekend! Currently keeping out of the way of everyone at work as a precaution 😷

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Am lucky enough to have a commute which has a large proportion of back lanes.

Just to say that it's such a pleasure to ride in when it's warm enough to be in short sleeves and fingerless gloves in the morning sunshine. Makes me glad to be alive!

How many other ways of getting to work give you that?

my commute has a good section of back lanes but coming home on late shift i go the longer way home as i dont like riding single track lanes at 1 am , i know its all the the mind but i prefer it .Oddly going to work on earlies in winter about 4.30 am i dont have any issues but then again its downhill on the sections i have issues with so im not crawling along at about 7-8 mph at the time .Cant beat rustling in the bushes to give you the heebie jeebies when your slogging away and not going fast .

simongt

Guru
After a fifty five year gap, I decided to bike to the Royal Norfolk Show today to see how it's changed; that's a whole different story - !
Arrived at the back of a one kilometre double queue of vehicles all waiting to get into the car parks. Pedalled straight past the lot, locked my Brommy up, had a very interesting day there and then reversed the process home passing another equally long queue all waiting to get out of the car parks - ! :okay:
Some folk just never learn - ! :rofl:

GeekDadZoid

Über Member
It was horrible on the way home, for the first time since I started cycling in I folded the Brompton up and got the train. Still got soaked on the ride from the station.
Really missing riding the Super Galaxy at the moment with not having a bike store and spending all my weekends busy its not getting much riding, its all the Brompton and the Mailstar.

Top Bottom