Tales from today's commute....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
nearly wiped out by a van pulling a trailer yesterday that cut in without allowing for the trailer and today had a car overtake and shout "Tw4T" for some unknown reason , its not like i held him up .
Then theres the puncture i had on the way to work monday about 4.30 am but at least it was warm and dry :smile:

Mazz

I think I need to go for anger management classes....road was flooded so I dismounted, got onto pavement, lifted the bike while wading to the other side of the pool. Got back on the bike and rode on pavement about 50m looking for a place to rejoin the road and an oncoming pedestrian shouts "get on the road!", to which I reply "alright calm down!". Not good, she was in the right.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
I've never been in a Greggs; it didn't exist when I left the UK.

Well, when you are in the UK, you must try. Ignore all the snobbery that you may hear about them. They have some great food. Their normal sausage rolls and vegan sausage rolls are fab, donuts are simply delish. Coffee's pretty good too.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Riding home from work early this morning and encountered a sign stating cyclists should dismount and walk past roadworks. Said roadworks were about 10ft long and blocked a pseudo bike lane that is usually used by residents as a kind of parking bay. I guess I should also dismount and walk past any of the multiple cars that were parked in the 'cycle lane'?
WTF do these signs mean? It's almost like they are giving the motorists an excuse for running over any cyclist that dares to ride around an obstruction in the road they might encounter?

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Tomorrow's commute destination shall be interesting.

As a registered car park user for the car (not that I take it), there has been a fire and access to ground and first floors is restricted. No mention of the large cycle parking that I use in there. Fortunately I do have access to external lockers, but that is a gamble as 80% can't be used as folk have left their own locks on them, and given the level of dirt and cobwebs, most are un-used. Must remember to take a spare d-lock and key as I may not be able to get in the bike shelter to retrieve my lock.

Top Bottom