Tales from today's commute....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
I have been leaving the office to WFH from lunchtimes the past couple of days. Nice to get a sunny ride in. Some drivers seem less able to cope with my presence on the road from time to time, compared with "rush hour" drivers though.

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
strava3611598056441681611.jpg

DVR00791_exported_84584~2.jpg

Today I left home before breakfast to see the bluebells at Damery. Beautiful morning.

Mike_P

Guru
A rare work in the office day this year that has been decent enough to cycle, given the short if hilly, vertically U shaped, distance its not worth having to change kit or having to dry out. My Wahoo Elemnt Bolt was obviously not happy spending a good 40% of the distance in each direction showing N/A before it started showing the speed, something that it seems to do on sunny days with clear sky's.

Last edited:

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
A rare work in the office day this year that has been decent enough to cycle, given the short if hilly U shaped distance its not worth having to change kit or having to dry out. My Wahoo Elemnt Bolt was obviously not happy spending a good 40% of the distance in each direction showing N/A before it started showing the speed, something that it seems to do on sunny days with clear sky's.

If I don't wait for the 0mph to show, mine can take a wee while to find the satellites. Whereas turning it on as I go into the garage, by the time I have got my helmet & gloves on it's all ready to go when I leave. Lovely day for it!

Reactions: C R

gzoom

Über Member
I was hoping to commute all week on the bike, but single digit temps, rain and more rain, with needing to look presentable in a face to face interview panel......took the car.

52833848881_779270d8dd_c_d.jpg

.....16 minute to get to work with no traffic, in warmth + comfort. I know some of you love everyone to cycle all the time, but the reality is the car makes life so easy. Probably not a surprise even during the sunny bits of this week, I barely saw half a dozen cyclist commuting to work on the bike, versus what must be hundreds if 4 digit number of cars.

52834303288_01625f0766_c_d.jpg

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
1 st encounter whilst riding with an e scooter who was weaving across the country lane as I caught him unfortunately I then hit a nasty headwind for the next mile ish and the turnip was drafting me but I couldn't go any faster.as soon as we turned on a bend I was off like a stung cat leaving him for dust.i can see why folk get so annoyed about them

vickster

Legendary Member
1 st encounter whilst riding with an e scooter who was weaving across the country lane as I caught him unfortunately I then hit a nasty headwind for the next mile ish and the turnip was drafting me but I couldn't go any faster.as soon as we turned on a bend I was off like a stung cat leaving him for dust.i can see why folk get so annoyed about them

I would have just stopped and let the muppet bog off

Top Bottom