Motorsports Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

icowden

Veteran
So who is Sainz going to sign for , if he is not careful he might end up with no drive at all and that would be a shame, unless he is going to join his dad inn the Ford Raptor in rally raids

Options are:-
  • Mercedes
  • Alpine
  • Williams
  • RB
  • Sauber
Apparently Williams are very keen to offer a suitable package.

FishFright

More wheels than sense
Options are:-
  • Mercedes
  • Alpine
  • Williams
  • RB
  • Sauber
Apparently Williams are very keen to offer a suitable package.

Merc - they need a good solid driver and Antonelli isn't that yet.
Alpine - Only if desperate , I can't see them getting up front anytime soon
Williams - A good fit but they are still in the rebuild phase so he'll get no wins there for a while, if at all.
RB - I'd like him to get this seat but he probably won't get the offer due to Jos and Sainz Snr hating each other. See the times at the junior team.
Sauber/Audi - No hopers in the short term but as Audi I expect good results in the longer term.

icowden

Veteran
Would mean a couple of baron years I feel though.
It would, but strategically it might work out and enable him to make sure a good car gets built to match his driving. It took Max 6 years to go from a car that could compete to a car that wiped the floor with the rest of the field, and it shows that the car is a good match for Max rather than Perez.

AndyRM

XOXO
I know that team orders are a thing (even though they're not meant to be), but that really made a mockery of things.

I'd hate to be in the debrief after that!

13 rider

Guru
Well that was a bit of a clown show from McLaren.

Why did they pit Norris 1st?
Normally the 1st team car on the road gets the choice when to stop followed by the 2nd car but McLaren pitted Lando 1st as they were worried about Hamilton using the new tyres undercut to pass Lando . Which probably wouldn't have matter as the McLaren was faster and would surely have repast Hamilton

Alex321

Guru
I know that team orders are a thing (even though they're not meant to be), but that really made a mockery of things.

I'd hate to be in the debrief after that!

Team orders have been officially allowed for quite a few years now. I fact they were only banned for 9 years - from 2002 to 2011.

Top Bottom