Votes: 377 26.3%
  • 11-15 miles

Votes: 304 21.2%
  • 16-20 miles

Votes: 169 11.8%
  • >20 miles

Votes: 254 17.7%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Kingfisher

My commute is 10.4 miles each way, which I do saturdays and sundays unless the weather is appalling (when I take the bus)...

...my favourite part of it is seeing the wildlife en-route as the journey is across rural Suffolk countryside. Buzzards, red kites, kestrels, hares, yellowhammers, skylarks and partridges almost every day :o) Nothing beats it. Oh and passing other cyclists who are always smiling and friendly- that's the endorphins for you I suppose!

Dark46

Veteran
I do less than 3 miles , but as I've only just started to cycle to work that's fine. There are 2 ways really to choose from, the most direct route is 2.7 miles and the Canal route is 2.9 miles.

JamesTaylor02

When I have to commute to work I do a total of 6.4 miles and when I have to commute to university I do a total of 29 miles! The commute to university, however, is a relatively new idea and whether I adhere to it is another question. Either the bike or public transport (the bike usually wins!).

Brandane

Legendary Member
I've just started a new job in Greenock which has introduced the possibility of commuting by bike - in reasonable weather! From Largs, the quickest, shortest and safest way is about 13.6 miles each way but involves some climbing (over 1000 feet of it) over Brisbane Glen and Loch Thom. Very scenic though. There is a flatter but busier and longer route via Gourock at 17 miles long. Did a dry run of the Loch Thom route a few days ago, and I am at work just now having gone the same route. Home time is 5pm, might go via Gourock!

Harv

4 8 15 16 23 42
Mine is 28 mile round trip door to door. Too far for me to do the whole journey. I put the Brompton in the boot and do about 7 miles.

tompb19

About a 12 mile round trip. Going to work involves a climb of about 150m in about 2km, near the beginning... I find the prospect of that puts me off doing it on a morning.

FlyingCyclist

Über Member
Before I gave up cycling I cycled to work occasionally and it was 12 miles there and back. For some reason it only took my one hour to go. And it took me around 2 hours to get home. Probably because my legs were knackered from standing up all day.

Can't remember how many mph I was doing. Also the roads are quiet on the way to work.

I'll have to do it again when I go back to work (I was made redundant)

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Before I gave up cycling I cycled to work occasionally and it was 12 miles there and back. For some reason it only took my one hour to go. And it took me around 2 hours to get home. Probably because my legs were knackered from standing up all day.

Can't remember how many mph I was doing. Also the roads are quiet on the way to work.

I'll have to do it again when I go back to work (I was made redundant)

12 miles in 1 hour makes 12mph by my math :thumbsup:

Top Bottom