Votes: 377 26.3%
  • 11-15 miles

Votes: 304 21.2%
  • 16-20 miles

Votes: 169 11.8%
  • >20 miles

Votes: 254 17.7%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

camerajuan

ffs MTFU

Baby wipes and deodorant!

It's just not the same! Never feel as fresh as after a shower!

I get what you're saying about riding not being an option for some but it is for me, I live a 5 minute walk from the train station & my office is a 30 sec walk from the other end. It's a new building and when the shower is installed I will change my routine.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
There seems to be a significant number of commuters on here with no access to showers, so a compromise must be found. Not riding is not an option for some!
A poll might be interesting to determine whether or not folk have shower access.

No showers for me and I do a 20 mile morning commute.
It's Babywipes for me.

15 mile there 15 back but there are two 25% hills in it and I have to set off at 0540 to get there at 0640 start work at 7 View attachment 11780 cracking views though!!
View attachment 11781
Amazing. Cool pictures too. I'm looking for cyclist with awesome commutes for a TV series, would you be interested? roadsandcommutes@stv.tv Nathan

Mod edit: some more details here
http://www.cyclechat.net/threads/uk-documentary-looking-for-extreme-cycle-commuters.150670/

Last edited by a moderator:

alans

black belt lounge lizard
It is a rather easy 25km round trip but I'm becoming more of a fair-weather cyclist as I grow older & don't fancy getting out of bed at 0400hrs to ride to work;particularly when Jack Frost is out before me:surrender:

Breedon

Legendary Member
My commute for the next week and a half is 64 miles round trip started it on Thursday.

mk6golf

I did my first ride in and back again mid week to the total of 1.75 there and 1.75 back. Hopefully will now be able to do it soon without nearly dying in the staff room :biggrin:

baisikeli

Regular
My round trip is 36 miles with 600mts of climbing. I use a single speed steel moutain bike with hydraulic brakes and wouldn't use any other type of brakes for commuting now as I've had to rely on them on more occasions than I would wish to remember. I also use Schwalbe Marathon Winter 26 x 1.75s all year round as the studs produce a sound like you are riding over grit and therefore it reduces the risk of pedestrians walking out in front of you. How do I know? Often pedestrians will turn round to see what is causing an unfamiliar noise. Better for them and me. :wacko:

HB_Dude

It's about to be 15 miles each way for me with a good hill in the middle.... I do have access to showers at work though which is a bonus.

robbiejp77

26 mile round trip for me, at work I've got two lockers one for work gear the other for cycling, plus multiple hot showers avaialble. If i had to use wet wipes i wouldn't be very popular in my office I sweat like a fat bird in a cake shop!!!

Top Bottom