Votes: 377 26.3%
  • 11-15 miles

Votes: 304 21.2%
  • 16-20 miles

Votes: 169 11.8%
  • >20 miles

Votes: 254 17.7%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
28 mile round trip, each day, but as I work 12 hour shifts it is only 4 days max. Been doing this since 2010 only taking the car in heavy snow or if the wind gusts are above 40mph on the met office site.

ChrisMc

33 mile round trip, have been doing it for a month now 3 or 4 times a week. The first week I started I got 2 punctures, changed my tyres to Gatorskins and touch wood not had one since. Makes me feel happy all day long. People keep offering me lifts home thinking I'm daft and can't understand it when I say I enjoy it.

33 mile round trip, have been doing it for a month now 3 or 4 times a week. The first week I started I got 2 punctures, changed my tyres to Gatorskins and touch wood not had one since. Makes me feel happy all day long. People keep offering me lifts home thinking I'm daft and can't understand it when I say I enjoy it.

I am 3 years down the line Chris, and my workmates still think I am mad, despite having bags more energy and 3 stones lighter. I am 28 mile round trip and started at 1 hour 20 mins each way, now got a road bike and manage it in 45 mins each way. I got loads of punctures the first couple of years, but now stay on main roads and stay out of the gutter, and only had one this year.

ChrisMc

I am 3 years down the line Chris, and my workmates still think I am mad, despite having bags more energy and 3 stones lighter. I am 28 mile round trip and started at 1 hour 20 mins each way, now got a road bike and manage it in 45 mins each way. I got loads of punctures the first couple of years, but now stay on main roads and stay out of the gutter, and only had one this year.

Yeah every one of my punctures have been on the same cycle path. Would use the main road but its a really busy dual carriage way, think I'd sooner have the puncture. I can manage each way in just under an hour, but normally on the way home I have a head wind and takes 5 minutes longer. Still much more fun than using the car or motorbike.

Patso19

I am very proud today I set s goal of riding 13 miles in 35 mins but today I got it in 31 mins. I ride everyday 26 miles I have been doing this for 2 months now.

For the last few weeks its been pretty constant circa 5.5 miles to work and 2.4miles at night.

PhunkyPhil

Regular
2 miles to station and 2.6 miles back from station
Unfortunately I live 50 miles from London where I work so just cycle to and from the train station.

machew

Veteran
10 mile each way, but the best part is I can claim 20p per mile against my tax bill. So I get fitter and the tax man pays me. Win win

10 mile each way, but the best part is I can claim 20p per mile against my tax bill. So I get fitter and the tax man pays me. Win win
I also commute 10 miles each way to work 4 days a week. Machew...I'm interested in what you say about claiming 2op a mile against your tax.How does this apply?

Top Bottom