Votes: 377 26.3%
  • 11-15 miles

Votes: 304 21.2%
  • 16-20 miles

Votes: 169 11.8%
  • >20 miles

Votes: 254 17.7%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
I commute 12 miles each way. This means getting up at 4.15am for a 6am start. The amount of times I do it a week depends largely on the weather. It is no fun riding in the dark in the rain.
But I ride most days in the summer.

I have a wide range of bikes to choose from from a Kickbike to an Electric bike, and they all get used.

Steve

Shaun McNally

Just over 3.5 miles each way

Twelve Spokes

Time to say goodbye again...
19.97 on the Odometer Today as I went via Vauxhall Bridge but shorter coming back as I used Southwark Bridge.It varies between 16 + 20.

Onthedrops

Veteran
Just short of 4 miles each way.
Journey to work is practically downhill all the way. Takes 10 mins.

Homeward commute is a different story. 4 miles, uphill all the way, no respite really but a cracking leg workout.

42K so 26 mile round trip. House is probably only around 8.5 miles from work, but have devised routes that avoid having to go through Wokingham. Usually do twice a week, would like to up it to three or four but other commitments make this difficult at present.

Recycle

Über Member
32 miles and a bit (16 miles each way). East Croydon station to West Hampstead. No significant hills and some nice stretches, but the A23 can write the manual on bad behaviour.

Aleksic

10 miles there, mainly down hill and usually without headwind. 10 miles back, mainly uphill and usually with headwind. Needless to say it always takes longer on the return.

Whiskey88

500 metres! :laugh:

It actually takes me longer to unlock then relock the bike properly than it does to walk the "commute"

I commute a few times per week.. 16miles each way - it's 15miles of which is along the canal into Leeds - I used to commute on a road bike but got fed up of the slog along the roads.. The canal is ace and it means I can have lots of fun getting filthy on my mountain bike before work!!

Top Bottom