Votes: 377 26.3%
  • 11-15 miles

Votes: 304 21.2%
  • 16-20 miles

Votes: 169 11.8%
  • >20 miles

Votes: 254 17.7%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dan_h

Started my new commute 4 weeks ago. 24 miles with 1000ft of climbing each way 4 days a week (Wednesday I have a break as I can use the wife's car). It is all country roads so not much traffic, no roundabouts / traffic lights etc to worry about. I did have to go and get a decent front light though so I can see as there are also no street lights!

Hoping to be in shape for some time trials next summer ^_^

Reactions: MoG

Ettie1

15 mile there 15 back but there are two 25% hills in it and I have to set off at 0540 to get there at 0640 start work at 7 View attachment 11780 cracking views though!!
View attachment 11781
Wish that was my commute - sadly I cycle through London streets - I cut through a few small parks and that's my green space.

Ettie1

Most week days 19 - 20 miles passing through Iselworth, Brentford, Chiswick, Hammersmith and Shepherds Bush,Notting Hill - lots of buses, lorries, cabs and 4x4s - oh yes!.. those pedestrians who walk right out in front of me!

I live in Tampa and I only commute 20 minutes to work, but do ride my bike as general transportation. Before Tampa, I lived in Miami and commuted on bike for 4 years----I rode my bike ALL over Miami and surrounding areas just to get to where I needed to go. I got to know Miami very well this way.

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
If I take the most direct route to work it is 5 miles (each way), normally do 6 this time of year and ten in the summer. Though after joining and reading threads on here I have done three 15 mile legs already this week. Going to try and make the 15 miles my normal commute, though once we get ice or snow will shorten it back to the 6 miles

FreeFlow Bikes

My commute to work and back is a 15 mile round trip. Not that far but I use it as a training session and try and blast it. Unfortunately due to the icy conditions we have here in Scotland at the moment it's been the turbo for me. Just had to replace my worn out Shimano Ultegra Shifters 2 weeks ago and don't fancy coming off my bike and smashing them up!

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
My commute to work and back is a 15 mile round trip. Not that far but I use it as a training session and try and blast it. Unfortunately due to the icy conditions we have here in Scotland at the moment it's been the turbo for me. Just had to replace my worn out Shimano Ultegra Shifters 2 weeks ago and don't fancy coming off my bike and smashing them up!
Get marathon winters or ice studs and join us crazy winter commuters :crazy:

GrasB

Veteran
Get marathon winters or ice studs and join us crazy winter commuters :crazy:
15 miles each way & that's the (no-suicidal) direct route, often I'll end up doing over 20 miles each way even in the worst of winter... now that :hyper: :crazy:

redste

In my current job the shortest commute is only 2 miles each way. This was plenty for me when I first got back on my bike, but over the last few months I've been looking for longer routes. currently doing about 6 miles each way now.
Also just got a new job starting sometime early next year, then the commute will be 9 miles each way ( to begin with!)

MKat

Regular
38 miles round trip for me, but I've only managed the round trip in one day a handful of times... I usually cycle into work one day and cycle home the next.

MoG

Veteran
20 miles each way for me but only every second day, because between commutes I drive 2 eight hour trips and have a sleep out in my truck.

Kins

Über Member
About 2.5 miles in and 4 miles back. Longer way home is because of a sodding great hill which at my current fitness level I can't do or won't do, not sure which. Its only 130ft rise or there abouts but 7.5 gradient.

Top Bottom