Cricket thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cisamcgu

Legendary Member
Looks like we're doing all we can, takes a bit of pressure off the Namibia game, a decent win will do, but as you say, it's down to our two old friends Australia and Scotland. If we can have a decent win, we might be okay, I can't see Australia wanting to lose, it's not in their make up.

I think that as long as England win and Scotland lose, then it doesn't matter if it is a close game or not.

it's down to our two old friends Australia and Scotland.

<snigger>

albion

Guru
You would think that success for the Usa would be big news in the US.

But no. I have not found any mention of cricket in US media. Adding the fact that it is on minor US pay TV means cricket has little chance of taking off there. Strange as it has similarities to baseball but without the boring bit.

AndyRM

XOXO
Fairly meaningless as they're both already out but Pakistan are hammering Ireland currently.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
Whilst the weather has wreaked a bit of havoc / lottery element, have 20 teams I think has been a success. Scotland gave England and Australia a real run test and who know what would have happened but for for rain in Sco vs Eng, and USA and Afghanistan have dumped out test playing nations and a lesser surprise of Bangladesh putting out Sri Lanka.

Bring on the Super8s.

You would think India and Aus have too much firepower for Afgh and Bang in group 1, but group 2, Eng USA SA WIndies, looks very open.

AndyRM

XOXO
USA nearly pulled off another shock against SA.

Shame nobody cares about the tournament there. Or cricket. Even with the money ploughed into MLC it's going nowhere. It may gain a small following but won't ever get close to even collegiate levels of support or participation.

Top Bottom