Cricket thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
Looking tricky for England again, with NRR likely to play a part. Have to hammer the USA realistically. Hmmm.

How so?
Both SA and WI cant win their last game as they play each other.
If WI win it won't take much of a win over USA for us to top SA's run rate (which will go down from current if they have lost)
If SA win, any win or no result Vs USA sees us thru.

The big danger is 🌧️ NR in our game and a WI win.

Chromatic

Legendary Member
It's been a bit of a stuttering defence of their title by England so far.

Pleasing news on the domestic front though recently, a couple of good wins by The Shire over the last few days. Against Glamorgan, who made 140 in their innings, we lost our eighth wicket at 134 on the fourth ball of the last over, the number 10 came in and hit 8 off the last two balls for a good win. Even better though was beating the west country media's current wet dream darlings Somerset last night.

Last edited:

AndyRM

XOXO
The strength of Afghanistan seemingly knows no bounds.

If nothing else this tournament is really showing how far the associate nations have come. The ICC (let's face it BCCI) are going to seriously have to have a think if they're actually serious about growing what is already an internationally massive sport.

tom73

Guru
Finally Championship cricket is back with Yorkshire at glorious north marine road. Spent many hours playing on that ground.
Yorkshire look to be going steady with no alarm bells.

newts

Veteran
Within 17.4 overs. Normally I'd be confident but a couple early wickets and I can see it being nervy.

You were saying😁

T4tomo

Legendary Member
Finally Championship cricket is back with Yorkshire at glorious north marine road. Spent many hours playing on that ground.
Yorkshire look to be going steady with no alarm bells.

Good day 1. Please lads convert this to a win.

albion

Guru
Sunny Saturday, Durham won the toss so I watched the full day. Not something I would do if it was Essex batting 1st.
Stokes, retired from T20 got rested by the ECB. They pay the wages!

I just hope he is match fit for when the home England games arrive.

Last edited:

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
The strength of Afghanistan seemingly knows no bounds.

If nothing else this tournament is really showing how far the associate nations have come. The ICC (let's face it BCCI) are going to seriously have to have a think if they're actually serious about growing what is already an internationally massive sport.

The sad thing for me is that test cricket will suffer again.
As it’s far easier for the smaller countries to be competitive at 20/20 than test cricket, so all funding and publicity will go there.

Top Bottom