Cricket thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AndyRM

XOXO
The sad thing for me is that test cricket will suffer again.
As it’s far easier for the smaller countries to be competitive at 20/20 than test cricket, so all funding and publicity will go there.

While the BCCI run the show (let's not kid ourselves here, they are) you are absolutely correct, and I have no idea how to counteract that.

The World Test Championship was sort of an idea I suppose, but so poorly implemented as to be utterly pointless.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
...and the publicity and funding going into T20 and one day will really help develop the game in the minor nations. its not necessarily a bad thing.

We have to accept Test cricket, although the "pinnacle" has limited commercial appeal outside of the big nations

AndyRM

XOXO
...and the publicity and funding going into T20 and one day will really help develop the game in the minor nations. its not necessarily a bad thing.

We have to accept Test cricket, although the "pinnacle" has limited commercial appeal outside of the big nations

Ultimately, as long as cricket exists in one form or another then I'll be happy.

I genuinely hated T20 when it first showed up, but now I don't mind it, as a format at least, but I can't be bothered with the mercenary attitude of the teams/players.

tom73

Guru
Say it quietly, but Yorkshire are in with a chance of winning. :hyper: Glocs following on and still nearly 200 runs shy. And to make a great day even better, Australia out of the T20.:wahhey:

Yorkshire have been in control from the start it feels like a much more confident team. Who are up to really taking a team to task felt more like Yorkshire of old in this game. Just don't get that feeling when Masood in charge.

AndyRM

XOXO
England's second limited overs title gets smashed out of the park by India.

It was a pretty half hearted effort to be honest. Beating Oman, Namibia, the US and the Windies is fine but coming up short when it mattered isn't great.

Still, I do like when a final is between two unbeaten sides (in any sport). And I was genuinely surprised that this is South Africa's first at T20.

Sterlo

Early Retirement Planning
England's second limited overs title gets smashed out of the park by India.

It was a pretty half hearted effort to be honest. Beating Oman, Namibia, the US and the Windies is fine but coming up short when it mattered isn't great.

Still, I do like when a final is between two unbeaten sides (in any sport). And I was genuinely surprised that this is South Africa's first at T20.

If I recall, it's SA first in T20 or One day, after 6 previous semi-final defeats.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
Say it quietly, but Yorkshire are in with a chance of winning. :hyper: Glocs following on and still nearly 200 runs shy. And to make a great day even better, Australia out of the T20.:wahhey:

And early days to be saying, but having bowled Derby out for 76 after they chose to bat first, feels like we're on top again. And Tom's mate is skippering 🤣

geocycle

Legendary Member
Lovely day at Southport watching Lancs v Notts. Excellent century from Jennings. Was hoping to see Jimmy Anderson but he had his feet up all day in the pavilion. I really like the outgrounds, much better to have a full house than the same crowd rattling around Old Trafford.

tom73

Guru
Hopefully Yorkshire will have this match gone by tea today. We've not had back to innings wins since 2015. If only we had a team like that one now we'd be playing this good every match. If nothing else we'd have coach and captain worth the money.

Top Bottom