Bitten off a little more than I can currently chew

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Twilkes

Guru
The bigger question is why Quinoa?

Not the OP, obviously, but I like eating quinoa because it's easier to digest than anything wheat-based (for me), with less of a hangover/bloated effect, and for riding it has almost as much carb as white rice, which I can get bored of very quickly despite how much I try to make it taste like sushi. Protein and fat in there too, it's probably more of an oat substitute than a rice/wheat substitute, now I think about it.

S'no cheap though!

Last edited:

lazybloke

Considering a new username
Not the OP, obviously, but I like eating quinoa because it's easier to digest than anything wheat-based (for me), with less of a hangover/bloated effect, and for riding it has almost as much carb as white rice, which I can get bored of very quickly despite how much I try to make it taste like sushi. Protein and fat in there two, it's probably more of an oat substitute than a rice/wheat substitute, now I think about it.

S'no cheap though!

To be honest i don't mind the stuff myself, but usually in a salad with a bbq; I've just never thought of it as a cycling snack.

richardfm

Veteran
We must be due another update by now

OP
OP
Cathryn

Cathryn

Legendary Member
We made it! It took forever for various reasons but we made it! And actually both of us felt really good throughout, no aches or pains! I still feel quite sprightly although glad to be done!!

Off to get dinner so I’ll post more tomorrow. Thank you all again for being so incredibly lovely and supportive! I really appreciate you all!

c24a206f-adfc-4f5b-93bf-8d9c21c52808.jpeg

Brandane

Legendary Member
Nope! I want to do another one now!!! Loved it!

Well if you and Pog want to combine some night riding with another 100 miles, you could always try this one:
Ride to the Sun 2024.

Now an annual event held on the Saturday night nearest to the summer solstice. Trying hard to convince myself to have another go this year. Did it once before and it was a blast. 2017 I think that was though, might struggle to do it now 😅.

Top Bottom