Bitten off a little more than I can currently chew

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
@Cathryn Glad you made it. Glad you both enjoyed it. As they grow you experience these rare moments of unity and later come to look back in awe and happiness.

My youngest is about to leave home and begin an apprenticeship over 100 miles away and suddenly I find myself looking back at similar escapades with immense pride and happiness, but also sadness that those days are gone. It feels almost like I/we are losing him (although this is far from reality). Enjoy your joint adventure 👍

Jameshow

Veteran
@Cathryn Glad you made it. Glad you both enjoyed it. As they grow you experience these rare moments of unity and later come to look back in awe and happiness.

My youngest is about to leave home and begin an apprenticeship over 100 miles away and suddenly I find myself looking back at similar escapades with immense pride and happiness, but also sadness that those days are gone. It feels almost like I/we are losing him (although this is far from reality). Enjoy your joint adventure 👍

Perfect distance for a ride and back! Hoping my daughter chooses such a university!!

OP
OP
Cathryn

Cathryn

Legendary Member
Well if you and Pog want to combine some night riding with another 100 miles, you could always try this one:
Ride to the Sun 2024.

Now an annual event held on the Saturday night nearest to the summer solstice. Trying hard to convince myself to have another go this year. Did it once before and it was a blast. 2017 I think that was though, might struggle to do it now 😅.

I’m off to see a film about that in a few weeks!

BrumJim

Forum Stalwart (won't take the hint and leave...)
We made it! It took forever for various reasons but we made it! And actually both of us felt really good throughout, no aches or pains! I still feel quite sprightly although glad to be done!!

Off to get dinner so I’ll post more tomorrow. Thank you all again for being so incredibly lovely and supportive! I really appreciate you all!

View attachment 732441

He's a bit taller than you?

My son is still very much shorter. Suspect he always will be.

OP
OP
Cathryn

Cathryn

Legendary Member
He's a bit taller than you?

My son is still very much shorter. Suspect he always will be.

He’s 14 and 6’2. I’m 5’1!

Slick

Guru
Well if you and Pog want to combine some night riding with another 100 miles, you could always try this one:
Ride to the Sun 2024.

Now an annual event held on the Saturday night nearest to the summer solstice. Trying hard to convince myself to have another go this year. Did it once before and it was a blast. 2017 I think that was though, might struggle to do it now 😅.
I'm signed up to get the emails as my brother and I usually do some sort of night ride on the solstice anyway. I do sort of fancy it, but a wee 50k local ride is much the more likely outcome, but its still nice to get the updates. :okay:

TheDoctor

Noble and true, with a heart of steel
It's counter productive, but somehow arrange Son to get all the punctures, let him deal with them,it's character building, and you get free rest breaks!

Pfft. I remember @theclaud once describing a road to me as 'character-building' when what she actually meant was 'ridiculously steep and with off camber loose bits on the hairpins'. This was up the much-feared South Face of the Gower, where grimpeurs go to die. Or to lose the will to live, which is much the same thing.

Oh, and Hat!

raleighnut

Legendary Member
We made it! It took forever for various reasons but we made it! And actually both of us felt really good throughout, no aches or pains! I still feel quite sprightly although glad to be done!!

Off to get dinner so I’ll post more tomorrow. Thank you all again for being so incredibly lovely and supportive! I really appreciate you all!

View attachment 732441

You look happy, or is that just relief. :bicycle:

Top Bottom