Bitten off a little more than I can currently chew

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mrs M

Guru
We made it! It took forever for various reasons but we made it! And actually both of us felt really good throughout, no aches or pains! I still feel quite sprightly although glad to be done!!

Off to get dinner so I’ll post more tomorrow. Thank you all again for being so incredibly lovely and supportive! I really appreciate you all!

View attachment 732441
Well done to you both, great accomplishment 😀

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Hahah! No, he’s 6’4. We look ridiculous together!

I'm an inch shorter than that and my wife is an inch taller than you. We look perfectly normal ... well, normal-ish. For some definitions of "normal".

lazybloke

Considering a new username
Glad it all ended well @Cathryn, although i didn't think it would be too much of a problem so soon after your Avenue Verte adventure.

But.. Hounslow? There must be a better way into London!

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler

I thought that when I read it, but if you're coming down the Thames and go through Windsor/Datchet kind of area - which is nice - then I guess that suddenly you find yourself in Hounslow, with a jumbo jet parting your hair (well Junior's hair, maybe not @Cathryn 's)

OP
OP
Cathryn

Cathryn

Legendary Member
Glad it all ended well @Cathryn, although i didn't think it would be too much of a problem so soon after your Avenue Verte adventure.

Actually we liked it! We live in the country so the Bath Road was endlessly interesting for us. So many people to watch, places to look at, planes to dodge! Everything was very different to Wiltshire! The bike path was excellent and we were very happy!

grldtnr

Über Member
!
also much taller than my Mum and she is a similar height to you, but:
2) I'm only 6', and didn't achieve that until I was about 16 or so.

Is his father really tall, or did you put him on a rack in his younger years

My Ma always used to say ' if your going to have one ,have a big one,! Pog done growing up ,now needs to fill out a bit!

grldtnr

Über Member

Yes , we are, or in my case were! Longest Audax I ever done was a 200 miler, on a fixie, a bit of a lash up, but it is as part of the 'fun', helped that it was out into the fens and back to Chelmsford, wasn't best pleased when I learned that the actual finish was 20 miles back, organiser kept that bit quiet ! Had to give up distance events after ,due to a RTC.

One final post..our swannie forgot the bike rack so here are three bikes nestled in a qashqai!

View attachment 732491

Excellent packing job!

figbat

Slippery scientist
We made it! It took forever for various reasons but we made it! And actually both of us felt really good throughout, no aches or pains! I still feel quite sprightly although glad to be done!!

Off to get dinner so I’ll post more tomorrow. Thank you all again for being so incredibly lovely and supportive! I really appreciate you all!

View attachment 732441

Great job, that’s one for the memory bank!

Top Bottom