Any Runners On Here??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jameshow

Veteran
Did park run today with a dog so slowest ever!
Let a freind beat me to which was kind!

Legs

usually riding on Zwift...
Our Broadband is defunct, and my parents are visiting, so
(i) still no Zwifting for me, but
(ii) we were both able to leave the house this morning, without leaving the children unattended (although folks were fast asleep at 5:30am!), which meant
(iii) Jo and I went out for 40 minutes in the lanes, to begin our 16th anniversary with mist and a beautiful sunrise.
1725016328697.png

Sixmile

Guru
Did my 15th Parkrun at the weekend so I'm thinking I should probably buy a decent pair of runners instead of the £30 Asics I got over 10 years ago.

I've also thought of running a 5km every day in September for the craic. Yesterday's completed at a snails pace, hopefully will get out later on if it dries up.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Did my 15th Parkrun at the weekend so I'm thinking I should probably buy a decent pair of runners instead of the £30 Asics I got over 10 years ago.

I've also thought of running a 5km every day in September for the craic. Yesterday's completed at a snails pace, hopefully will get out later on if it dries up.

I’m too heavy and unfit for much running at the moment but I do enjoy it. A few years back I did the Marcothon Challenge which involves running at least 25 minutes or 5k every single day in December. It was quite hard committing to it especially given the weather at that time of year, but I did it twice.

Sixmile

Guru
I've completed 10 5k's in a row, with two parkruns included in there. I'm flying to Exeter this weekend so hoping to keep up the running while I'm there so have spied the local parkrun course.

With the darker evenings coming in, does anyone have headtorch recommendations? I've a few cheap headtorches but want something decent but <£50

Tenkaykev

Guru
I've completed 10 5k's in a row, with two parkruns included in there. I'm flying to Exeter this weekend so hoping to keep up the running while I'm there so have spied the local parkrun course.

With the darker evenings coming in, does anyone have headtorch recommendations? I've a few cheap headtorches but want something decent but <£50

A lot of the runners in our club have switched to a body harness style torch. They have the advantage of nor making your head sweaty and always pointing in the direction you are going. Some have a red light at the rear. With head torches, turning your head to speak to someone can dazzle them.

Spartak