Any Runners On Here??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tenkaykev

Guru
Parkrun volunteered this morning at Chipping Sodbury.
31 min Pacer ... 👍

View attachment 747185

View attachment 747184

First time I'd paced ... Nearly spot on, official time was 31:01.

I used to volunteer in the pacing events. I had a pretty good feel for pace and once hit it spot on ( though that is pure luck with the timing at the finish ) In one event I was pacing 28 minutes when the 29 minute guy started to overtake 🤔. There was a brief exchange of views as to who was running too fast / slow. I passed him again as he was virtually jogging on the spot near the finish😁. We ended up printing " cheat " cards for each finish time, with expected time to arrive at various points around the course for a specific finish time.
I've been a bit rough recently so went to Poole to watch while Mrs Tkk ran. I got roped in to volunteer on the finish funnel, getting them to keep moving once they have crossed the line. With about 970 finishers today it does get a bit congested.

Spartak