What's your next Audax?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JhnBssll

Veteran
I did my first audax yesterday, the Hop Gardens 200km in Kent. Thoroughly enjoyed it although my legs still aren't talking to me 🫣

Screenshot_20230508_203802_Strava.jpg

It was largely done as training for the Chase The Sun South event in June but I may well enter more of these in future 😀

JhnBssll

Veteran
Was there also. Great day for it and always a great route apart from those 2 last hills.

Yes those last two hills were a bit mean 😅 I did wonder if any other CycleChatters might have attended - I didn't meet many other riders as I arrived late and most of the 200km riders had already set off. We caught the first control point with 5 mins to spare 😅

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
A poorly back meant I hadn't recovered enough to ride the seemingly-dry Llanfair 400. A pity as it's probably my favourite event.

Instead I'm hoping to ride my 400km backup option 1, which is this weekend's Moors & Wolds 400. That's still only a possible, which leaves me with the Not Quite The Spurn Head 400 a week later.

Last edited:

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Yes those last two hills were a bit mean 😅 I did wonder if any other CycleChatters might have attended - I didn't meet many other riders as I arrived late and most of the 200km riders had already set off. We caught the first control point with 5 mins to spare 😅

You were getting full value, surely? ;)

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
Often interesting waiting at the finish for full valuers as the clock ticks towards the deadline. Will they make it or not, based on reports of last sightings from the last riders to arrive? Always great to see that rider that bursts through the door of the finish just as the deadline arrives. Made it!

ExBrit

Über Member
I did my first audax yesterday, the Hop Gardens 200km in Kent. Thoroughly enjoyed it although my legs still aren't talking to me 🫣

View attachment 688830

It was largely done as training for the Chase The Sun South event in June but I may well enter more of these in future 😀

That's a good time especially considering the climbing. Well done.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
Kicked my riders off on my 400 this morning. Currently there are 44 on the road, after train strikes affected a few more this morning. One rider forgot their bike shoes, doh! I’ll get a ride in this afternoon. Forecast fairly benign, so hopefully I’ll see most of them at the finish tomorrow.

BrumJim

Forum Stalwart (won't take the hint and leave...)
Persuaded my son to join me on the Warwickshire Wanderer Audax (100k). Well, it was either that or the Bryan Chapman Memorial audax. His first, but he did 99.4k a couple of weeks ago with just 2 stops, so should be fine.

Audax complete. Cake eaten.

Attachments

• IMG_20230520_123317_929.jpg
    IMG_20230520_123317_929.jpg
    222.3 KB · Views: 3
Top Bottom