First Audax - what to expect...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Mazz

Mazz

Glad you enjoyed it @Mazz , I had left it too late to sign up as I was watched the forecast as I have become a fair weather cyclist these days ,even if I had registered I might not have rode it due to the weather

I heard the organiser mention that not everyone had turned up, for whatever reason.
Maybe a few just looked out the window in the morning and neshed it.

I heard the organiser mention that not everyone had turned up, for whatever reason.
Maybe a few just looked out the window in the morning and neshed it.

Looks like there were 85 finishers from 120/125 entries: https://www.audax.uk/results?searchId=Event&evId=24-40

Hopefully no DNFs but, given the weather first thing, I wasn't surprised that there were a fair number of DNSs.

Well I made it you round in about 8hrs. I’ve decided Dean made a cruel route choice for don’t keep to the roads 100k and that sort of distance isn’t for me as I was bored after about 35-40 miles.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
@bikingdad90 - you've had a go and that's the important bit. I did the 200, which had a really cold start.

My thanks to the organiser for a route that was fairly interesting (except the gravel/sticks/puddles/poo bit) and safe.

Top Bottom