Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bobinski

Legendary Member
62 10 for me.
v happy with that. Dropped chain 4 times. Simply spurred me on though a bit sou destroying for one to leave me alone for a fair bit of 4th lap. Still, couldnt have tried harder
Well done all!

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
My power figures ....

Stage 1 : Watts 214 2.6 w/kg (1:11:01)
Stage 2 : Watts 233 2.8 w/kg (58:31)
Stage 3 : Watts 226 2.7 w/kg (1:05:08)
Stage 4 : Watts 226 2.7 w/kg (1:03:24)
Stage 5 : Watts 226 2.7 w/kg (1:16:44)
Stage 6 : Watts 214 2.6 w/kg (1:38:52)
Stage 7 : Watts 214 2.6 k/kg (1:41:59)
Stage 8 : Watts 220 2.7 w/kg (1:12:55)
Stage 9 : Watts 234 2.9 w/kg (58:51)

Fairly consistent across most stages if you take length of stage into account - shorter stages 2 and 9 have higher watts, longer stages you can see my watts dropping off. Stage 1 was done with the final bit of chest infection, so plan to do this again over the weekend - given the time last time I should have had ave watts closer to 220 so I expect my watts (and hence speed) to increase when I do the re-run :biggrin:.

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
Just watched stage 2 Kiss Pro series. Huge Watts from the pack up Kliener Hugel 750+W . E Hopper won the race with a long solo break and sustained 420-500W for a whole lap UCI circuit. He hung on to win by just a couple of seconds

kipster

Guru
Steen bang on the same time as me :thumbsup:

kipster

Guru
Just watched stage 2 Kiss Pro series. Huge Watts from the pack up Kliener Hugel 750+W . E Hopper won the race with a long solo break and sustained 420-500W for a whole lap UCI circuit. He hung on to win by just a couple of seconds

It was good wasn't it, I was rooting for him as the pack approached

Can't believe how much I enjoyed watching that - the last lap was gripping! As well as amazing raw power from Hopper, he had the presence of mind to use his (useless) drafting powerup before standing for the short climb and to free up the slot for a new powerup at the sprint. I reckon the aero that he then got saved him the 2 seconds he ultimately won by. Brilliant stuff.

berty bassett

Legendary Member
Yes it was!

Pretty pleased with my time (52:54). Felt pretty good for the first 2 laps in the lead pack but couldn't stick with them on the steep bit of the third lap and wasted a lot of energy trying to chase back onto them, only to get dropped again on the incline soon after. I then had the best part of a lap riding solo (field was a lot smaller than yesterday) and feeling a bit sick xx(before joining and being dropped by the second group on the same climb on lap 4. Two of us were left on the run-in and managed to keep the 3rd group at bay (I let him have the sprint as he had been putting most of the work in tbh ;)).

Pleased with that overall but a bit annoyed I couldn't stick with the first pack for another lap as that would have made a big difference to my time and saved me from riding solo for so long.

I'll update the spreadsheet after @Aleman has finished stage 9 at 7pm.
stonking effort sir :notworthy:

Top Bottom