Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

berty bassett

Legendary Member
Looking at the results, we are all pretty strong riders, coming well up the leaderboard in all races. Someone once said to me if you come in the top 50%, youre better than most. Im around 25-35% overall so very pleased, and more so if I ignore these faster, younger lightweights by filtering :tongue:

Ignoring Lee, hes just bloody annoying old skinny goat:whistle:
Less of the old please ! Else I will set my grand dad on you

peterob

Veteran
Updated TsZ spreadsheet with the late (and early!) results....

@bridgy - nice time last night mate. Give me something to aim for when I try it tonight:boxing:

TdZ.png

Last edited:

peterob

Veteran
So across the stages you've done on the TDZ, which stage did you average the highest and lowest power?

For me, my lowest was stage 5 (Richmond) - 262w (266 normalised), and my highest stage 6 (Road to Sky) - 290w (291 normalised).

Not too surprising really - I remember hating stage 5 and feeling really bad at the end, and stage 6 was the long slog up the Alpe and you always seem to put out more watts uphill, and obviously no relaxing in the draft on that stage!

So what's your highest and lowest - I'm interested if there's any pattern amongst us?
My lowest was also stage 5 (250/258) and highest so far was stage 1 (300/307).

But I hope/expect stage 9 to give me the best figures - I was over 350W average last night for the 2 and a bit laps that I completed before the network dropped out. If I'm not too fatigued this evening I'd like to think I can push close to that again as that course gave me my best figures last year (352/362) on a 3-lap race. :training:

bridgy

Legendary Member
My lowest was also stage 5 (250/258) and highest so far was stage 1 (300/307).

But I hope/expect stage 9 to give me the best figures - I was over 350W average last night for the 2 and a bit laps that I completed before the network dropped out. If I'm not too fatigued this evening I'd like to think I can push close to that again as that course gave me my best figures last year (352/362) on a 3-lap race. :training:
Well if you manage 350 watts you should definitely smash my time!

peterob

Veteran
Well if you manage 350 watts you should definitely smash my time!
I think a lot of it comes down as to whether you're able to hold in a good group. As @Whorty said in a previous post, going hard early so as to get dragged along by a fast group can be a good tactic, as even if you are dropped later in the race, you can try and stick with the next fast group that comes along.

I seem to do better in the punchier courses, which I think mimics how I am itrw, as I can hold tempo but push the watts when needed, without the long dragging hills that sap the power.
I'll try the same tactic tonight, trying to stick with a fast group for as long as possible :bicycle:

Last edited:

berty bassett

Legendary Member
Guessing it shows av in zwiftpower
Can’t get into it on phone but would like to think worse was stage 9 after a week of bingeing
Innsbrook is kind to me most the time so would like a go on that over the weekend

bridgy

Legendary Member
Guessing it shows av in zwiftpower
Can’t get into it on phone but would like to think worse was stage 9 after a week of bingeing
Innsbrook is kind to me most the time so would like a go on that over the weekend
Are you going to try and catch up all the stages you've missed? Looking at Pete's spreadsheet it looks like we're very close on the stages we've both done

Lowest stage 3. 2.7w/kg 222w
Highest stage 5. 2.9w/kg 238w

berty bassett

Legendary Member
Are you going to try and catch up all the stages you've missed? Looking at Pete's spreadsheet it looks like we're very close on the stages we've both done
I will give it a go but it means doing 2 on Saturday and one Sunday ! Might look and see if it’s worth taking a hit on doing shorter route on one of them - on the ones we have done it must be close , I haven’t added them up but must be there abouts

mjd1988

Guru
So across the stages you've done on the TDZ, which stage did you average the highest and lowest power?

For me, my lowest was stage 5 (Richmond) - 262w (266 normalised), and my highest stage 6 (Road to Sky) - 290w (291 normalised).

Not too surprising really - I remember hating stage 5 and feeling really bad at the end, and stage 6 was the long slog up the Alpe and you always seem to put out more watts uphill, and obviously no relaxing in the draft on that stage!

So what's your highest and lowest - I'm interested if there's any pattern amongst us?

Definitely gained fitness through the tour. My wattage goes down on climbs though, v weird - Higher average watts on stage 5 than stage 6 for example. I did ride within myself going to foot of the alpe though so that may explain that one.

Lowest Stage 1: 217 (220) 2.5w/kg
Highest Stage 9: 255 (262) 3w/kg

bridgy

Legendary Member
I will give it a go but it means doing 2 on Saturday and one Sunday ! Might look and see if it’s worth taking a hit on doing shorter route on one of them - on the ones we have done it must be close , I haven’t added them up but must be there abouts
Well, if you will insist on swanning off on holiday this is what happens...

Just added up - only 66 seconds between us overall on the 5 stages we've both completed.

I obviously have to do stage 3 over the weekend, but I might also try and improve my time on one of the other stages if I'm feeling energetic!

Aleman

Knees are FUBAR but I don't like to mention it
Discounting Stage 1, I was riding at threshold for the rest of the stages. ... Endurance is my thing so not surprised. Lowest was Stage 6 at 2.9W/Kg, Highest Stage 3 at 3.1W/Kg. I suspect that had zwift not lost my ANT+ devices on the first run at Stage 6 I'd have had a better result there. Overall I'm surprised at just how consistent my output has been.

Top Bottom