Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bobinski

Legendary Member
My power figures ....

Stage 1 : Watts 214 2.6 w/kg (1:11:01)
Stage 2 : Watts 233 2.8 w/kg (58:31)
Stage 3 : Watts 226 2.7 w/kg (1:05:08)
Stage 4 : Watts 226 2.7 w/kg (1:03:24)
Stage 5 : Watts 226 2.7 w/kg (1:16:44)
Stage 6 : Watts 214 2.6 w/kg (1:38:52)
Stage 7 : Watts 214 2.6 k/kg (1:41:59)
Stage 8 : Watts 220 2.7 w/kg (1:12:55)
Stage 9 : Watts 234 2.9 w/kg (58:51)

Fairly consistent across most stages if you take length of stage into account - shorter stages 2 and 9 have higher watts, longer stages you can see my watts dropping off. Stage 1 was done with the final bit of chest infection, so plan to do this again over the weekend - given the time last time I should have had ave watts closer to 220 so I expect my watts (and hence speed) to increase when I do the re-run :biggrin:.

You will need to up your game Carl- I am closing in:biggrin:

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
You will need to up your game Carl- I am closing in:biggrin:
I have to both lose weight and gain power to keep a fit Bobby Dazzler at bay :becool:

Like never before I'm determined to get the weight down to something sensible.

The power, well, that will either come or not. I'll work at it but genetics will play as much a part as anything else.

peterob

Veteran
OK...spreadsheet updated with today's stage 9 results.

Lots of good times from the stage, including a great time from @Marino.g hidden in there this evening. It;s amazing how close a lot of the times from the stage were and how close the overall standings are - with literally seconds separating a number of places.

@bridgy looks set to win the GC unless Lee can find the strength (and time!) to complete 3 strong stages on the catchup weekend and everyone can be proud of their efforts - as mentioned earlier we all consistently feature towards the top end of the standings on ZP and it has been great to spur each other on :okay:

:bravo::bravo:

TdZ.png

Same as mine,kicks some power out on just number 2 setting ,3 blows me away
02504A4F-4A86-4228-AD19-A89EC441E958.jpeg

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Thanks for the effort on this Pete :okay:

It's not over yet though. If Michael does Stage 2 he should jump above me easily. I, on the other hand will look to make up a minute on Stage 1 to catch Brendan. But what will Brendan do? Will he hope I fail on stage 1, or will he re-do a stage too to try to pull further away? Dave is very close too; so what stage will he go for to pip us on the line?

So for me, it's Stage 1 Saturday and probably Stage 5 (Alpe) Sunday as I can't believe there isn't a few seconds or more to make back on that damn little hill :B)

Aaargh, I'm away for much of this weekend... I shall have to have a look back at my lowest power stage (Stage 2, 221w) and see if I can squeeze in a cheeky re-run :okay:

Indeed, thanks for your hard work on this Pete - I don't usually chase virtual kits as I rather like the Imperial Century one, so have tended not to complete multi-stage events as life often gets in the way. This time it's been really motivating and much appreciated.

Perky77

That was flippin painful on so many levels

I dislike punchy courses anyway but in first two laps my gears kept jumping around so spent the first two laps trying to adjust, I then started to get cramp in both calves and then for the last two laps I was also trying to keep the bangers & mash I scoffed down less than an hour beforehand inside and avoid a xx( incident, it was close.

I now have to spend the rest of the night swotting up on health and safety for a test I have tomorrow with work whilst my calves keep going into cramp :angry::angry:

Last edited:

JuhaL

Guru
That was flippin painful on so many levels

I dislike punchy courses anyway but in first two laps my gears kept jumping around so spent the first two laps trying to adjust, I then started to get cramp in both calves and then for the last two laps I was also trying to keep the bangers & mash I scoffed down less than an hour before hand inside and avoid a xx( incident, it was close.

I now have to spend the rest of the night swotting up on health and safety for a test I have tomorrow with work whilst my calves keep going into cramp :angry::angry:
For me it’s take some time to recover now. I have now night shift, workin 9:30PM to 5:30AM and tomorrow too. Few rides in a low heart rate now or just off the bike.

Top Bottom