Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JLaw

Veteran
Update: I'm not on the bike yet, but I feel close. I'm off all the pain meds and generally going about life, just at a slower pace with a couple naps a day. I'm pretty sure I could safely get on the bike and turn over the pedals with minimal resistance. Essentially an easy walk, but on a bike.

Also got summary of the pathology report. About as good as it could be -- my cancer is a relatively rare form that doesn't typically metastasize until it grows much larger and confirmation the margins were all good. So barring something totally unexpected I'm cured. I'll have regular scans for a while, but that's it!

bobinski

Legendary Member
Update: I'm not on the bike yet, but I feel close. I'm off all the pain meds and generally going about life, just at a slower pace with a couple naps a day. I'm pretty sure I could safely get on the bike and turn over the pedals with minimal resistance. Essentially an easy walk, but on a bike.

Also got summary of the pathology report. About as good as it could be -- my cancer is a relatively rare form that doesn't typically metastasize until it grows much larger and confirmation the margins were all good. So barring something totally unexpected I'm cured. I'll have regular scans for a while, but that's it!

That’s great news :thumbsup:

theboxers

TheBoxers on Cycle Sim sw
Arrghhhh :cursing: Zwift has just done an update and broken itself :banghead:.

I've spent the last hour going round the net to get info on how to fix it, graphics card driver update by the looks of it. I wish they'd tell us what the updates are and make it an option to postpone it until after you've completed your intended sessions:cursing::cursing:.

Up and running now, but an hour lost :banghead::banghead:

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru

I've spent the last hour going round the net to get info on how to fix it, graphics card driver update by the looks of it. I wish they'd tell us what the updates are and make it an option to postpone it until after you've completed your intended sessions:cursing::cursing:.

Zwift only updates before you start simulator, not during. Are you sure it wasn't windows? I tend to get windows to do updates late at night on schedule, so as not to interfere with my riding

peterob

Veteran
That was flippin painful on so many levels

I dislike punchy courses anyway but in first two laps my gears kept jumping around so spent the first two laps trying to adjust, I then started to get cramp in both calves and then for the last two laps I was also trying to keep the bangers & mash I scoffed down less than an hour beforehand inside and avoid a xx( incident, it was close.

I now have to spend the rest of the night swotting up on health and safety for a test I have tomorrow with work whilst my calves keep going into cramp :angry::angry:
I've added your late bangers 'n' mash fuelled ride to the spreadsheet Martyn. You're sitting right in mid-table in a really close/competitive section :gun:

TdZ.png

Last edited:

bobinski

Legendary Member

Techy boy (:smile:) Zwift doesn't update your graphics drivers. You do, or Windose does, or your graphics provider. I get update notifications from Dell and Nvidia-i leave the graphics drivers as is and have done for over a year. Don't want to break anything.

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
Monday start TR for 8 week

Breedon

Legendary Member

Brilliant news Jeff

theboxers

TheBoxers on Cycle Sim sw
Zwift only updates before you start simulator, not during. Are you sure it wasn't windows? I tend to get windows to do updates late at night on schedule, so as not to interfere with my riding

Techy boy (:smile:) Zwift doesn't update your graphics drivers. You do, or Windose does, or your graphics provider. I get update notifications from Dell and Nvidia-i leave the graphics drivers as is and have done for over a year. Don't want to break anything.
The Zwift that I used Tuesday worked with the installed drivers. After Zwift was done updating this morning it wouldn't work, who broke or who broke who? The installed, previously working, drivers or Zwift?

All up and running now though so the mist has disipated.

The Fondo plan low cadence workout is 'fun' :bicycle:

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
The Zwift that I used Tuesday worked with the installed drivers. After Zwift was done updating this morning it wouldn't work, who broke or who broke who? The installed, previously working, drivers or Zwift?

All up and running now though so the mist has disipated.

The Fondo plan low cadence workout is 'fun' :bicycle:
Just logged on to Zwift and no updates from them. I'm planning to ride later so will let everyone know if I get any issues :okay:

Top Bottom