Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
6am! I was snoring then. I'd needed to up at 4am to feed ad prepare for 6:crazy:

bobinski

Legendary Member
Looking at the results, we are all pretty strong riders, coming well up the leaderboard in all races. Someone once said to me if you come in the top 50%, youre better than most. Im around 25-35% overall so very pleased, and more so if I ignore these faster, younger lightweights by filtering :tongue:

Ignoring Lee, hes just bloody annoying old skinny goat:whistle:

I take the same approach. As long as I am around 33% of all riders I am happy. When you take account of our ages and the fact we are all using ccurate turbo’s as a group we don’t do too bad. Some of course do a little better than others but that’s ok. For now...

:biggrin:

Last edited:
OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
Just wait till they get to mid 50's, they will be burnt out. Tommy when he gets out of his long shorts, could be quite strong. Trouble is, he's in bed early so cant come racing on an evening :laugh:

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Well that certainly wakened me up at 6am! 1:07:15 I wish I'd tried a bit harder earlier on to hold a faster group. There were only two of us for about half the last lap -beat him to the line though.....
I find the tactic of working harder earlier in the race pays dividends later. Work at max early on to stay with faster groups. You'll travel faster by default of the draft and number of riders. As you tire, don't be afraid to drop off a group but always look over your shoulder at new groups coming behind to latch on to. Once you are on your own you'll never travel as fast as in a group, even for the same effort. Of course, easy to say, not that easy to do - but ad I race more I get better at it :okay:

Whorty

I take the same approach. As long as I am around 33% of all riders I am happy. When you take account of our ages and the fact we are all using ccurate turbo’s as a group we don’t do too bad. Some of course do a little better than others but that’s ok. For now...

:biggrin:
Keep looking over your shoulders lads. .... As my weight drops, I'll be chasing you down :bicycle::gun:

I may be slightly hangry too, so best hide any chocs and cakes :biggrin:

Whorty

Just tried a warm up before the 8am stage and there was no way I was competing,chest and throat burning ,sweating like a pig before I even got my heart rate up :sad:, will have to wait for the make up days and hope I am well
Hope you make the rerun, wouldn't want to beat you on a technicality :tongue:

P.S. I'm bored on a train hence all the posts this morning !

bridgy

Legendary Member
So across the stages you've done on the TDZ, which stage did you average the highest and lowest power?

For me, my lowest was stage 5 (Richmond) - 262w (266 normalised), and my highest stage 6 (Road to Sky) - 290w (291 normalised).

Not too surprising really - I remember hating stage 5 and feeling really bad at the end, and stage 6 was the long slog up the Alpe and you always seem to put out more watts uphill, and obviously no relaxing in the draft on that stage!

So what's your highest and lowest - I'm interested if there's any pattern amongst us?

Last edited:

Norry1

Legendary Member
Looking at the results, we are all pretty strong riders, coming well up the leaderboard in all races. Someone once said to me if you come in the top 50%, youre better than most. Im around 25-35% overall so very pleased, and more so if I ignore these faster, younger lightweights by filtering :tongue:

Ignoring Lee, hes just bloody annoying old skinny goat:whistle:

As I am in C Group, I set 50% of the riders in an open race/ride as my target. I.e. if A, B, C, D were the same size, it would mean I am roughly top of the C's. I normally do better than that so may need to up my target.

JuhaL

Guru
I have 2-stages left but so far highest avg output was stage-6 223w and lowest stage-2 199w. Tour of London i had a better performance, i didn't ride all stages but stage-1 (shorter ride) was 249w and stage-3 was 232w. Now my power and weight ratio is settle down in 2,7w/kg.

Top Bottom