Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

peterob

Veteran
Good luck to the rest of you though :rolleyes:

Time for a beer

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
58.27 :B)^_^

On call from 5 and working at home so had a go at stage 9 in lieu of lunchbreak!

Finally a course a bit more suited for us Puncheurs! (sounds nicer than "chubby dudes"). Probably a mistake to set a time for us mid-tablers as I think we will have fun with this course.

Bit of a sparse field compared to the 6/7 rides i've been doing so did actually have some small sections of TTing it. Nothing to compare it to but happy with the effort; highest average HR and highest 20min power outside of FTP test.
58:51

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
Tough , I went for a strong start up the first climb and gained 50 places to get to 230th, but subsequent attempts saw me lose 50places per lap. I had to dig deep with surges to hold onto ever increasing packs breaking up on each. Last lap I was too far from another pack so had to stick with them for the sprint. ZP says 57.20 .

Breedon

Legendary Member
Tough , I went for a strong start up the first climb and gained 50 places to get to 230th, but subsequent attempts saw me lose 50places per lap. I had to dig deep with surges to hold onto ever increasing packs breaking up on each. Last lap I was too far from another pack so had to stick with them for the sprint. ZP says 57.20 .
Just done a warm up to see the course although the climbs are short they certainly do hurt when racing.

Well done all, not a easy course this one:B)

Norry1

Legendary Member
I am a little confused as to why more of you are not riding/racing together- work and caring must get in the way a lot.

Yep, work is a bugger.

However, I have opted to go onto a phased retirement plan our company offers - so from 1st April, I go down to 3 days a week for 2 years - and get 80% of pay/bonus etc. So I should have more time to train, travel, cycle, etc. etc :smile:

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
I lost a few wheels in packs - well, I was behind someone who gave up and lost the wheel in front and I was stuck in their draft and couldn't get past :cursing: Twice this happened :banghead: Then 3rd lap over finish line about 20 riders came over the top of me and me and a few other riders could not get onto their wheel.

Pretty good times nevertheless so pleased. 30 secs short of @mjd1988 which I wasn't expecting pre race :laugh:

Top Bottom