Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Aleman

Knees are FUBAR but I don't like to mention it
Just wait until the fat drops off :boxing:
Bring the pain:boxing::boxing:

JLaw

Veteran
That works fine on a short hill, but no amount of sticky draft is going to help on a 5Km climb like Keith Hill :rofl: The only thing to do there is grit your teeth, dig deep, and ignore the pain. I was actually surprised that I only lost 20-30 places on the climb last night, I was expecting 100-150 if not more, I surprised myself by holding just over FTP for those 15 minutes of pain! :surrender:
Amen to that!

I signed on for the KISS EUR on Tuesday and saw a mass of cyclechatters, so figured I'd join the group while I warmed up. But the group was in the middle of climbing Keith Hill. Ugh. Left in the dust, but still used it as a good warm up before the race.

'twas expecting two laps (and thus two climbs up box hill), but they only had us do a single lap in D. Uneventful up to the climb where I essentially was telling myself not to drop anchor. I think I kept ~200W for the duration, though the fastest riders in D sped away. Crested with one other and we were promptly caught on the downhill by a lone rider using an aero. My other companion then used his truck. I had nothing, but did just enough to stick with them. Both seemed to be taking it easy on the flat part in the subway, so I guessed they were both pretty spent. I hit the gas hard on the climb out of the subway, opened a good gap and held ~200W for the final mile finishing about 10s ahead of them. Another 2nd. 10s behind the official winner.

JLaw

Veteran
Smashing times all round today chaps, well done!

Anyone racing tomorrow? I'm away with work on Friday and only home from work tomorrow so I'm definitely going for something, possibly the 3R greater london flat at 1715.
KISS EUR if I can get away from meetings.

berty bassett

Legendary Member
We were in a nice big group of 60-80 riders when we hit Keith Hill, then 65 kg was suddenly much better than 84 kg. I lost about 1m40s on the climb to Lee and around 70 spots. :cry:
it really helped that you were the only one in the blue hat so i knew where you were , i was trying to keep you in sight at all times without going too deep - checking hr more than anything else, as said in previous posts i found out you can reduce effort a bit and get dragged along - but its a dangerous game to play and i got spat out back a couple of times . it was lucky for me that someone stuck a hill at the end :biggrin: i don't think i could have kept up on the flat much longer

Slowly getting some fitness back by riding zwift early in the morning with the lights off, felt dizzy going onto the tube!!

First TdZ stage once if I'm cleared as fully fit next week by the doctors is the Alpe.....could be a good ftp test substitute!

LBHIFI

Veteran
Is this a Zwift Power feature or bug? When I'm not logged in to ZP it defaults to time zone Europe/Jersey. I can then find yeasterday's Tour de Zwift stage 3 at 18:00. At the top it says Results (1075). I can find Carl and Chris in the rankings, but not myself.
When I login, I switch to time zone Europe/copenhagen and I find the event at 17:00, but it now says Result (686) and I can only find myself, not Carl and Chris.

Last edited:
OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
Is this a Zwift Power feature or bug? When I'm not logged in to ZP it defaults to time zone Europe/Jersey. I can then find yeasterday's Tour de Zwift stage 3 at 18:00. At the top it says Results (1075). I can find Carl and Chris in the rankings, but not myself.
When I login, I switch to time zone Europe/copenhagen and I find the event at 17:00, but it now says Result (686) and I can only find myself, not Carl and Chris.

I see this when I select Team, results
Screenshot_20190110-075336_Chrome.jpg

Top Bottom