Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Aleman

Knees are FUBAR but I don't like to mention it
Whilst on about cassettes,what lube are people using on there chain whilst on the trainer?
Muc Off Ceramic Wet ... The same as I use on my road bike ... Oh Wait it's the same bike :rofl: :cry:

If I had a trainer only bike I'd probably use Muc Off Ceramic dry

Whilst on about cassettes,what lube are people using on there chain whilst on the trainer?
i have been contemplating waxing my chain for some time now so I thought I would give it a try on the turbo bike first, bit of a hassle getting it done and it has been on for about 5 weeks now and is great, the first few rides you get all the excess dry wax from outside fly off but all good now. I have 2 weeks ago done my winter bike and so far rode about 150mile and it still looks like new, doesn't pick up the shoot and I have been out in some crap weather. don't know how the wax stays inside on the rollers but it seems to work so far.
if you can be arsed worth a try :okay:

mjd1988

Guru
Crazy lag at the start of stage 3....hoping it clears, can't see anything!

JuhaL

Guru
I'd completed my warmup and was all set to start stage 3 when my Di2 ran out of juice :banghead:. Bloody technology :laugh:

Hopefully I'll be back on at 7pm post-recharge.
I know the feeling. No need to charged battery very often and probably because of that reason it’s easy forget completely sometimes :smile:

mjd1988

Guru
Mixed feelings about the 5 o'clock attempt at stage 3. Just got home from work on time so only registered right before it, which i think was probably a BIG mistake. @Whorty Aim a fair bit quicker than my time - had lag issues but even so you are much faster on those climbs. Keith hill is a cracker.

Crazy lag for the first 5 minutes maybe, lots of people reporting it, screen flickering between frozen and ghost bikes. Kept spinning and was about 2900. At least I didn't cycle in the wrong direction as I saw a few hundred people do at the start. It settled except for two 20-30 second periods of frozen screen later on, pretty demoralising to spin it out and then drop a hundred places or so. Not sure if it is an internet thing or just the system overwhelmed by 3500+ people. Does signing up for an event late (5 mins before) make you more susceptible I wonder or was it just a dodgy connection.

Looking at zwiftpower I see W/Kg being all over the place so I think quite a lot of people were effected

Really enjoyable ride though! I now know what it feels like to overtake going uphill, which definitely mentally made me try harder.

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
I had a fair decent ride despite kneeling for nearly 2 days mending car brakes. I improved my current 20 min power a tad, held good pace and increased power through out Keith Hill climb getting a new PB by 45 secs. There was a period mid race where I felt I was going too hard and realized I had to bring my HR down a few beats to be comfortable. I got to 250th for the first 15 mins then slowly slipped down to 400 ish. I made a mistake at one point where I ended up on the front of my big group eased off, the group flew past and I lost 50 places in a few seconds. I only lost about 40 places in the climb, which surprised me out of 3500 riders. Ended 461th. Zwift clocked me at 59.36:hyper:but ZP has it at 1hr and 12 seconds.:cursing: I did notice the clock on Zwift didn't start counting for a little while at the start.

Save a little for the climb

Just set up the neo and had a quick try ,first thing I noticed between the neo and the core is that the power readings on the right hand side are more settled with the neo ,when using the core it was jumping all over the place, the neo seams a lot higher than the core and has some side to side movement were as the core was rigid, got to fine tune the gears a little but it’s been a long day so on the sofa now ,free day tomorrow so a few hours to play and set up before the TdZ in the evening

Top Bottom