Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Mixed feelings about the 5 o'clock attempt at stage 3. Just got home from work on time so only registered right before it, which i think was probably a BIG mistake. @Whorty Aim a fair bit quicker than my time - had lag issues but even so you are much faster on those climbs. Keith hill is a cracker.

Crazy lag for the first 5 minutes maybe, lots of people reporting it, screen flickering between frozen and ghost bikes. Kept spinning and was about 2900. At least I didn't cycle in the wrong direction as I saw a few hundred people do at the start. It settled except for two 20-30 second periods of frozen screen later on, pretty demoralising to spin it out and then drop a hundred places or so. Not sure if it is an internet thing or just the system overwhelmed by 3500+ people. Does signing up for an event late (5 mins before) make you more susceptible I wonder or was it just a dodgy connection.

Looking at zwiftpower I see W/Kg being all over the place so I think quite a lot of people were effected

Really enjoyable ride though! I now know what it feels like to overtake going uphill, which definitely mentally made me try harder.
Not great having issues!! I've been lucky so far that i've not experienced anything more than the odd drop out for 10-15 secs (which is annoying but nothing like 5 mins). Let's hope they sort it out tomorrow when I give it a go.

Whorty

Just set up the neo and had a quick try ,first thing I noticed between the neo and the core is that the power readings on the right hand side are more settled with the neo ,when using the core it was jumping all over the place, the neo seams a lot higher than the core and has some side to side movement were as the core was rigid, got to fine tune the gears a little but it’s been a long day so on the sofa now ,free day tomorrow so a few hours to play and set up before the TdZ in the evening
Be interesting how you go in a race tomorrow .... i heard the neo is easier that the wahoo kickr :whistle: :biggrin:

Not great having issues!! I've been lucky so far that i've not experienced anything more than the odd drop out for 10-15 secs (which is annoying but nothing like 5 mins). Let's hope they sort it out tomorrow when I give it a go.
Never seen anything like the first 15mins of that ride. 4,500 the screen is just a blur!
Defiantly save a bit for Kieth :okay:

Last edited:

kipster

Guru
A good cycle chat turnout at 7pm

Screenshot_20190108-204215.png

And a couple at 5pm

Screenshot_20190108-204201.png

Whorty

Never seen anything like the first 15mins of that ride. 4,500 the screen is just a blur!
Defiantly save a bit for Kieth :okay:
It's the kind of ride where I'll blast out the blocks for 30 secs, then just let the blob drag me along to the base of the hill. I'll then attack he hill at max power and see how it goes ^_^ No point pushing too big watts when the blob is that big, just wasted energy once the blob forms.

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
It's the kind of ride where I'll blast out the blocks for 30 secs, then just let the blob drag me along to the base of the hill. I'll then attack he hill at max power and see how it goes ^_^ No point pushing too big watts when the blob is that big, just wasted energy once the blob forms.
There is certainly a draft benefit, the blob isn't really there, more a line with pack of riders. You will have to at some point keep up with some one or slowly drift backwards

Breedon

Legendary Member
Just done the 19:00 TdZ with no issues and 4840 Riders in the Group ... 10000+ actually zwifting!!! finished in the top quarter (1060ish IIRC) Tempo'd it for most of the race ... sorry ride ... with a few pushes at VO2Max
I did see you at one point, I just did a run so wasn't pushing to hard, around 3 w/kg finished early as my tea was ready.

I will be doing the 6pm ride tomorrow.

Top Bottom