Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
Well done Andy 2nd place , I upped my ftp from 241 to 244

Cheers Chris, good to improve ftp even at xmas.

. I saw you shoot out of the gate leading, so I upped my sprint. We must of swapped and I didn't see you again. I felt really sick early on from Xmas excess xx(. That settled. I missed placed my position just before the sprint finish, but overtook about 8 or so riders leading to the line.

Last edited:

bobinski

Legendary Member
Nice one Andy!

JuhaL

Guru
Cheers Chris, good to improve ftp even at xmas.

. I saw you shoot out of the gate leading, so I upped my sprint. We must of swapped and I didn't see you again. I felt really sick early on from Xmas excess xx(. That settled. I missed placed my position just before the sprint finish, but overtook about 8 or so riders leading to the line.
I hope i didn't destroy your 1st place before the race in a warm-up. Anyway excellent work in a race, both of you.

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
Good power output you had in a race. Nearly magical 300W.

A tad off February this year. Im still in base training mode, so very pleased to be only a little below peak. February/March will start VO2 Max workouts. Im hoping to get to 300W Sweetspot before then

JuhaL

Guru
A tad off February this year. Im still in base training mode, so very pleased to be only a little below peak. February/March will start VO2 Max workouts. Im hoping to get to 300W Sweetspot before then
I have noticed improvements my Vo2max results after i had Drivo 2. It didn't happened sudden. My Vo2max was 41 before Drivo2 and now it's increase slowly to 44-45.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
1 hour mostly gentle ride completed. Put in a couple of sprint sections, but mostly kept the watts and hrm low. Chest still tight, wheezy and coughing, but needed to do something.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
You have to be patient Carl. Ride steady easy pace, no deep breathing until your chest clears. Hard breathing will just push infection deeper and take longer to clear .
Patience is not one of my key skills ..... but yes, I need to try and stay patient with this chest infection. I was quite controlled today, apart from a couple of sprint sections which was rather silly, but I couldn't let others out sprint me :whistle: Just had a lemsip, that should help :cheers:

Patience is not one of my key skills ..... but yes, I need to try and stay patient with this chest infection. I was quite controlled today, apart from a couple of sprint sections which was rather silly, but I couldn't let others out sprint me :whistle: Just had a lemsip, that should help :cheers:
If you'd like I can give your wife a few more choice things to say to you as you're gasping for breath. I had to google the term she called you before ...Pillock.. I like it.

The Welsh contingent. @rob01792 @Add Martyn John.

Quote from Geraint Thomas " the hardest thing: just maintaining fitness. I'm sure it will come back. I can feel myself growing - sideways. Now I'm just keen to get back in to it, I've had enough of all this.

"I think I can get in that [Tour-winning] shape again but every Grand Tour is different. You never know, [Martyn] John or [Rob] Taylor might improve more than me next year and Addski will be different again if he's going for the one [Grand Tour], and not two.

"But I can definitely get to that level again. It just depends what everyone else is like."

Top Bottom