Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
What are you doing about the Kicker ,asking for refund or repair or exchange again

Im asking for a refund, Ive sent them a message via their portal. I have video to send once they reply highlighting drone and vibration. They really dont have an option not to refund given I asked if all modifications had been done to eliminate issues, they said yes

JuhaL

Guru
I did a few years as Santa for a group of Deaf Children, I had 2 brothers who were severely limited in hearing. The look of awe and joy when you turn up at the party and start handing out presents is fantastic.

I'd recommend evetybody to do it at least once to a group of kids not your own. :santa:
That kind of goodwill is priceless :smile:.

bobinski

Legendary Member
First ride Tacx Neo 2
My initial assessment compared to my Kickr 18

Looks and design -- I like the look of the Neo 2, especially with the coloured under body and illumination beneath the unit when being used. The Kickr wasn't an ugly design, more rugged/industrial looking, whilst the Neo is sleeker in design

Assembly---, both units reasonably easy to setup, but the Neo loses because it supplies a variety of QR items which aren't indexed or mark on the parts, so initial assembly requires dismantle of mounts if your bike has disc brakes or thru axles. Then comes the derailleur rubbing on the easiest cog on the cass. Again Tacx didnt make it clear and a quick Google search revealed you had to remove the end cap freehub, slide off black sleeve and fit on of two washers. Comments on the web suggested that both washers had to be fitted but that meant the pawls on the freehub were half outside the housing. I used the thinner washer and that provided the clearance for the rear derailleur.

Performance -- The Neo is uber smooth and quiet in operation. The Kickr was nearly as quiet until it began to fail-again-arrrgh. The power readings going on feel and heart rate number are very similar, so I'd expect reliable accurate numbers overall. Power delivery or the way I could increase power was very much easier than the Kickr where you needed a bit of effort to increase the flywheel inertia. The Neo 2 much easier to increase power.

Erg Performance-- This is where I was disappointed, the Neo 2 ERG mode control in Trainer-Road is virtually non existent. There is no increase in resistance when the routine jumps from 120W to 280W. I even dropped out of ERG mode to check and there was little to feel ERG or resistance mode. I had to change gears to get the correct cadence and resistance to match the power I needed to produce for the workout. This became quite distracting and ultimately more fatigue inducing, as I would over and under shoot target Watts constantly. The Kickr has superb ERG control, you leave it in one gear and just pedal at the cadence you want, the resistance is set. If you slow cadence, resistance goes up and vice-versa increasing cadence. The power transitions with the Wahoo are almost instant from one power level to the next. I had updated the Neo before wokouts to latest 015 firmware. Tacx need to do some work with the ERG control. It maybe TR as well, but I doubt it.- there a few comments on the web about Tacx ERG issues.

Overall-day one, satisfied and hopefully it will remain a reliable unit which I'll adapt to its little quirks of use.

Erg on the NEO seems fine in Zwift and Sufferfest ( bar the odd reluctance to drop diwn from high power to a lower power ).
I know you are in a training regime but perhaps try a short Zwift work out and see what happens?

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
Erg on the NEO seems fine in Zwift and Sufferfest ( bar the odd reluctance to drop diwn from high power to a lower power ).
I know you are in a training regime but perhaps try a short Zwift work out and see what happens?

Ill give it go over Christmas Bob, a few days off now, till wife doesn't notice I've sloped off :smile:

How did knee respond to a little pedalling?

bobinski

Legendary Member
Ill give it go over Christmas Bob, a few days off now, till wife doesn't notice I've sloped off :smile:

How did knee respond to a little pedalling?

It felt good. Spun up slow and low watts before raising them to 1.7-2w/k and then backing off after odd twinge. It’s swelled up now but nothing an ice pack won’t sort so all good. But of a relief to be honest. The best thing I watched the knee and it tracked pretty much spot on, none of the wobbly deviation outwards.

LBHIFI

Veteran
Merry Christmas to all CC'ers :santa:

Been away from cycling from a month now due to a combination of new kitchen project and bad back (not a recommended combination). In short:
Ripping kitchen apart - Engineer statics calculation - tearing down supporting wall betweeen kitchen an living room - laying base floor in kitchen (match height of living room base floor) - removing living room floor - laying new kitchen and living room floor - installing new kitchen.

The project ignitor was soft floor in the corner of the kitchen - a damage wich no one, neither ensurance and plumber could figure out (even with the pipes exposed). We only found out after tearing down the wall, which left fine dust everywhere and exposed moist seeping through one of the joints.

The race was on to finish it all before Christmas and I just made it :dance: .... but at the cost of my Peterborough TT plan :cry:. Still going but not with a goal to qualify for the world cc.

Haven't had time for anything but work and sleep for a month, so could anyone sum up what's been happening here for the last month. AAAC joint Zwift (as a hot femail)? Andy 's eating A riders for breakfast? Bobs knee ???

Attachments

• IMG_20180718_130231_1.jpg
    IMG_20180718_130231_1.jpg
    189.8 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_20181014_081510.jpg
    IMG_20181014_081510.jpg
    108.7 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_20180921_051625_1.jpg
    IMG_20180921_051625_1.jpg
    136.7 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_20181130_160728.jpg
    IMG_20181130_160728.jpg
    122.6 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_20181202_081134_1.jpg
    IMG_20181202_081134_1.jpg
    144.7 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_20181202_193224.jpg
    IMG_20181202_193224.jpg
    120.2 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_20181204_190605.jpg
    IMG_20181204_190605.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_20181218_182651.jpg
    IMG_20181218_182651.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_20181222_120004_1.jpg
    IMG_20181222_120004_1.jpg
    117.6 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_20181224_155121.jpg
    IMG_20181224_155121.jpg
    144.3 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:

kipster

Guru
Merry Christmas all. Lars interesting that the works kept you off the bike. I'm due to do a kitchen this year so I'll try and plan ahead to make sure I get bike time.

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
Merry Christmas to all CC'ers :santa:

Been away from cycling from a month now due to a combination of new kitchen project and bad back (not a recommended combination). In short:
Ripping kitchen apart - Engineer statics calculation - tearing down supporting wall betweeen kitchen an living room - laying base floor in kitchen (match height of living room base floor) - removing living room floor - laying new kitchen and living room floor - installing new kitchen.

The project ignitor was soft floor in the corner of the kitchen - a damage wich no one, neither ensurance and plumber could figure out (even with the pipes exposed). We only found out after tearing down the wall, which left fine dust everywhere and exposed moist seeping through one of the joints.

The race was on to finish it all before Christmas and I just made it :dance: .... but at the cost of my Peterborough TT plan :cry:. Still going but not with a goal to qualify for the world cc.

Haven't had time for anything but work and sleep for a month, so could anyone sum up what's been happening here for the last month. AAAC joint Zwift (as a hot femail)? Andy 's eating A riders for breakfast? Bobs knee ???

Congrats on kitchen diner project. A real shame about your back and TOC prospects. News from Cyclechat, Lee is beating all comers currently, apart from Pete, who's is in Australia- He is thrashing everyone on my Kickr in Cat A. Bobs knee-well he still got one, cos he goes on and on about it^_^. Dean is a super lightweight now and is chasing down Lee. Paul still very consistent but allusive, Tommy extremely allusive apart from his sarky comments of Bobs knee and that fact he is slower than Lee and he still hasn't got the unicorn of trainers. I and the other hand have gone through 2 Wahoo Kickrs', thrown in the towel and are now as of yesterday using a Neo 2. Wading through a TR plan. Im sure there are others who will jump in.

Merry Christams to you and all

Andy

Top Bottom