Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
Fellas, I hope you all have a great Christmas. It’s been Three years since I joined this forum as an overweight, drug addled smoker with a massive gob...

Well...I’ve managed to get through the pre Christmas drinkathon without smoking so that’s progress right? :thumbsup:

The missus bought me a watch for Christmas and mickey has promised he’ll help my work out how to use it....:scratch:

AE1A0B82-DE21-41CC-9CF7-46822A3228B2.jpeg

London is a ghost town, I’d love to go for a pootle. Might have to rope the youngest into it so we can escape the house for a bit. Other than that eating lots, drinking lots and hoping you guys have a smashing day with your families :cheers:

Breedon

Legendary Member
IMG_20181225_110406.jpg
:hyper:
From my wife and and mum bless them.

Merry Christmas all and I won't be eating all these chocolates in one go.

kipster

Guru
View attachment 443852
:hyper:
From my wife and and mum bless them.

Merry Christmas all and I won't be eating all these chocolates in one go.

Love a bit of track cycling, such a pure form of cycling and a great way to build handling skills. Last time out with the club the coach had us riding six abreast all up the track, then he would have us changing position, the biggest thing was constant communication and constant pace, fast enough that the person at the top didn't crash, but not too fast that they were having to work really hard to hold position.

If you havent done it before you'll love it. Which track is it for?

Breedon

Legendary Member
Love a bit of track cycling, such a pure form of cycling and a great way to build handling skills. Last time out with the club the coach had us riding six abreast all up the track, then he would have us changing position, the biggest thing was constant communication and constant pace, fast enough that the person at the top didn't crash, but not too fast that they were having to work really hard to hold position.

If you havent done it before you'll love it. Which track is it for?
It's at Derby, and never done it before but really looking forward to trying it.

Del C

Veteran
Merry Christmas all.

Track cycling is good fun. Only went to the Olympic Velodrome once but enjoyed it. Just don’t forget to keep pedalling - those fixed wheel bike sudden stops can be a surprise!

My knee feels a little sore this morning after yesterday’s Build me up workout. Anybody on this forum who knows anything about sore knees?

berty bassett

Legendary Member

Breedon

Legendary Member
Merry Christmas all.

Track cycling is good fun. Only went to the Olympic Velodrome once but enjoyed it. Just don’t forget to keep pedalling - those fixed wheel bike sudden stops can be a surprise!

My knee feels a little sore this morning after yesterday’s Build me up workout. Anybody on this forum who knows anything about sore knees?
There is some body but for the life of me I can't remember there name.

Merry Christmas to all CC'ers :santa:

Been away from cycling from a month now due to a combination of new kitchen project and bad back (not a recommended combination). In short:
Ripping kitchen apart - Engineer statics calculation - tearing down supporting wall betweeen kitchen an living room - laying base floor in kitchen (match height of living room base floor) - removing living room floor - laying new kitchen and living room floor - installing new kitchen.

The project ignitor was soft floor in the corner of the kitchen - a damage wich no one, neither ensurance and plumber could figure out (even with the pipes exposed). We only found out after tearing down the wall, which left fine dust everywhere and exposed moist seeping through one of the joints.

The race was on to finish it all before Christmas and I just made it :dance: .... but at the cost of my Peterborough TT plan :cry:. Still going but not with a goal to qualify for the world cc.

Haven't had time for anything but work and sleep for a month, so could anyone sum up what's been happening here for the last month. AAAC joint Zwift (as a hot femail)? Andy 's eating A riders for breakfast? Bobs knee ???
Wow! It may have been a lot of work and it may have cost you your back but the results are worth it. That flooring looks great.

Top Bottom